Sign in to follow this  
Regulator72

Slug Barrel For Winchester Speed Pump

Looking to modify my Winchester 1300 Speed Pump and set it up for Deer hunting.. Any thoughts on barrels for this gun? I found the winchester one, but it's like 400.00, i'll just buy another gun for that price.. any aftermarket barrels? rifled?

100 and in you should be fine just shooting foster slugs out of a smoothbore(look for any used barrel with IC or open choke... or just cut the end off your current barrel with a hacksaw). Also, any gunsmith should be able to drill/tap your receiver for a scope mount for a relatively cheap price. With that being said, you may just be better off selling the Winchester and buying a used 870 w/ cantilever barrel.

Thanks J0n, i'll probably just keep the pump as is, it was a gift from my Dad a few years ago, so I have nothing invested in it. I was looking @ 870's as well, so I may just go that route. The Winchester will stay in my closet for HD backup at this point..

Looking to modify my Winchester 1300 Speed Pump and set it up for Deer hunting.. Any thoughts on barrels for this gun? I found the winchester one, but it's like 400.00, i'll just buy another gun for that price.. any aftermarket barrels? rifled?

Still looking for a slug barrel? PM me!