Underdog

Mossberg 500 Barrel Question

Are standard Mossberg 500 12 gauge barrels interchangeable with the Mossberg 500 Persuader 8-shot one?

I would think they are the same barrel. The receivers are the same, why would the barrel length matter?

also, it is possible to have the tube stick out past the barrel without issue, You see this in comp video's.

I would think they are the same barrel. The receivers are the same, why would the barrel length matter?

also, it is possible to have the tube stick out past the barrel without issue, You see this in comp video's.

Nope, Recessed was correct. The barrels are different. They have the barrel nut welded to the barrel in a different spot to accommodate the longer or shorter magazine tube.

You can use the standard barrel on the persuader but you have to order the standard (6 shot) magazine tube and swap it out, Don't forget to order the 6 shot magazine spring if you do the swap. I did this and got my stuff from Brownells. Cost was approx 35 bucks