this_is_nascar

My New Taurus 94 5" 9-Shot

I picked up a new Taurus 94 5" 9-shot yesterday. It's a nice gun, but damn, that trigger pull is heavy. I purposely purchased it for my wife, but I'm not sure she's going to want to shoot it with the heavy trigger. Yes, I've already read some of those bad reviews of Taurus in general, but decided to roll the dice anyway. I've already ordered a couple 9-round speed-loaders and shot bangers for it. I'm getting them as a combo-pack which contains one shot banger and one speed-loader.

41yGx1QVIXL__SS400_.jpg

Although this gun and these pictures are not mine, it represents the exact model of Taurus that I purchased.

1382.jpg

pix094908494.jpg

taurus941384.jpg

pix738537246.jpg

Assuming this one proves to be reliable and useful, I think I'd like to go with the 2" version next. I know they're not a Smith and Wesson, but should do fine for my purposes.

Taurus94SS2.jpg

• Like 1

I too read some of the Taurus reviews and after some more reading I realized that most of the negative reviews were quite old .Taurus was committed to dispelling those reports of shoddy fit,finish and unreliability by revamping their entire manufacturing processes as well as offering a lifetime warranty. That being said we all know they are no S&W.

I regularly shoot my Taurus 605 .357 steel with a 3 inch barrel and I have become quite accurate at 7 yards, no misfires or any issues after over 500 rounds and am quite comfortable with it being my primary HD gun.

Enjoy your Taurus,it's quite a firearm.

Sometimes I think I should've gone with the Taurus instead of the 617 and saved a boat load of money. Let us know how you like it after a couple ranges trips

Heck, I got a 94 if you want to trade... :icon_mrgreen:

I agree with the OP, it sure does have a heavy trigger pull, but I have not done any reading about the gun and if there is a way to lighten her up being I have only shot mine a few time. Might just check into that for OBRAMS in the spring if I don't get a 617 by then.

I picked up a new Taurus 94 5" 9-shot yesterday. It's a nice gun, but damn, that trigger pull is heavy. I purposely purchased it for my wife, but I'm not sure she's going to want to shoot it with the heavy trigger. Yes, I've already read some of those bad reviews of Taurus in general, but decided to roll the dice anyway. I've already ordered a couple 9-round speed-loaders and shot bangers for it. I'm getting them as a combo-pack which contains one shot banger and one speed-loader.

41yGx1QVIXL__SS400_.jpg

Your wife will probably not like the trigger on the 94 and if she is not a shooter to begin with, I wouldn't use this gun as an intro into shooting.

By the way, where are you getting the speed loader and tray from and how much?

Heck, I got a 94 if you want to trade... :icon_mrgreen:

I'll pass ;)

By the way, where are you getting the speed loader and tray from and how much?

You'd be amazed what you can find on Amazon sometimes:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00585J7S8/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_d0_g200_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1H3FA7GVQPYQX9AHJ7PV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

• Like 1

I'll pass ;)

You'd be amazed what you can find on Amazon sometimes:

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

I thought you would pass on that. lol

Thanks for the link, I think you have done got me to spend money like this before. :icon_mrgreen:

+1 to Caine again.

• Like 1

Looks good. I applaud you for being able to take the plunge. I had one in my hand shortly before picking up my used 617. The example I held had a hammer that looked off center, and had a craaaaaaaaaazy heavy trigger. Heres the rub. My 617 doesn't have a great trigger either. Single action is appropriately crisp, but DA is also heavy, but fairly smooth once you get it started rearward. I cant imagine the taurus being much heavier. Post some groups.

Looks good. I applaud you for being able to take the plunge. I had one in my hand shortly before picking up my used 617. The example I held had a hammer that looked off center, and had a craaaaaaaaaazy heavy trigger. Heres the rub. My 617 doesn't have a great trigger either. Single action is appropriately crisp, but DA is also heavy, but fairly smooth once you get it started rearward. I cant imagine the taurus being much heavier. Post some groups.

You want to try a Taurus 94, it's a heavy trigger, really nice in SA, but you need a lot of finger on the trigger, it sure isn't a tip of finger trigger at this time.

I need to pick up a spring kit for it and play around a little. I also need to do a full strip and polish and see how the different springs do, and I have a few other ideas on how to get the trigger pull down below, didn't put a scale to it but I'd like to get below a 20lbs pull. :icon_mrgreen:

Yes, it is a very heavy trigger. I never intended on getting this. I happened to be out and one of the local dealers and saw it. I liked the looks of it and despite all I've read about Taurus, picked it up anyway. I still had a permit in the truck. I like the fact that is only one less round than the 617 at almost half the price. I know it will never be a S&W, so I didn't mean to sound like it was. If I would have been planning the purchase, I would have gotten the 4" barrel instead. I don't like the 5" on revolvers, any revolvers, for some reason., but on this paricular gun, it didn't seem too bad at all.

My next Taurus will be the 94SS2, assuming I can get one that matches the picture. According to the Taurus experts, Taurus is notorious for posting inaccurate pictures of the guns. For example, I want the 94SS2 that looks like this, with the underlug.

Taurus94SS2.jpg

The last guy that ordered one, said he got one that looks like this, which I thought was the 94SS2UL. He said that Taurus told him that to get the one that I want, you have to order the 941SS2 which is the .22 Magnum version, which I don't want.

Taurus94SS2UL.jpg

Nice gun! I love my Taurus .357. It is quite accurate with match .38 ammo. I would like to get a 992 w/ Magnum and Long Rifle cylinders.

This deja vous all over again. I bought the 94 cause I was too cheap to buy the SW for twice the price. Also got two loaders.

So I liked it a lot. But the wife rejected the heavy DA pull. I checked and there are no lighter springs out there.

It is now sold and the Browning Buckmark is the ONE. BTW the BB is very nice - full metal frame.

This deja vous all over again. I bought the 94 cause I was too cheap to buy the SW for twice the price. Also got two loaders.

So I liked it a lot. But the wife rejected the heavy DA pull. I checked and there are no lighter springs out there.

It is now sold and the Browning Buckmark is the ONE. BTW the BB is very nice - full metal frame.

Actually from some of the reading I have been doing the Wolf spring kit will help with some modifications. Have to see if anyplace has the Wolf kit for small frame Taurus's in stock and I'll get to work on mine. Want to check around locally before I order on-line.

Nice gun! I love my Taurus .357. It is quite accurate with match .38 ammo. I would like to get a 992 w/ Magnum and Long Rifle cylinders.

Good to hear about the .357. Your probably know this, but I like that 992 since it comes with a .22LR wheel as well as a .22 Magnum wheel for some great versatility. The only thing that had stopped me from getting that one is that I can't find the full stainless/non-blued version. It's supposed to be released, but no one has it or has a distributor with one in stock.

Actually from some of the reading I have been doing the Wolf spring kit will help with some modifications. Have to see if anyplace has the Wolf kit for small frame Taurus's in stock and I'll get to work on mine. Want to check around locally before I order on-line.

Yea, I read over on the Taurus Armed forum that many with the 94 are using this Wolf Spring Kit with success. I haven't learned enough about it yet to comment further than that.

Yea, I read over on the Taurus Armed forum that many with the 94 are using this Wolf Spring Kit with success. I haven't learned enough about it yet to comment further than that.

I'll know hopefully in a week or 2 how it works out. Will report what I find out when I do mine.

I'll know hopefully in a week or 2 how it works out. Will report what I find out when I do mine.

Great. I'll definately be interested in your results. Where did you order the kit from? I wasn't even able to find that out as of yet.