Sign in to follow this  
Zell959

Anyone had a chance to try or heard feedback on CFE 223?

i just read and srticle in i think rifleman magazine (i forget, i left it at work). it was a great article that had borescope pics from a brand new unfired rifle. before, after, after clean, after many rounds on a greshly fouled barrel. from the pics it actually cleared all the copper from the standard loads. it seems like pretty amazing stuff, and it explains how it works in detail, which i wont get to in here. but being that the gas is behind the bullet, it reacts with the laid down copper, and removes and blasts it out with the exiting gas. ineed to try this stuff out, just sucks that the have a load for the .375 h&h which i could use, but no 30-06..

i just read and srticle in i think rifleman magazine (i forget, i left it at work). it was a great article that had borescope pics from a brand new unfired rifle. before, after, after clean, after many rounds on a greshly fouled barrel. from the pics it actually cleared all the copper from the standard loads. it seems like pretty amazing stuff, and it explains how it works in detail, which i wont get to in here. but being that the gas is behind the bullet, it reacts with the laid down copper, and removes and blasts it out with the exiting gas. ineed to try this stuff out, just sucks that the have a load for the .375 h&h which i could use, but no 30-06..

It was guns and ammo, and it seems like it maybe worth a try.

yeah, it was guns and ammo, i found the magazine....i think its definitely worth a try, as my new cz 500 .375 h&h is a damn fouler. peeking down the muzzle, it looks like a barber pole, i just cant seem to get it all out. though i have a friend going to gander mountain today, whos going to pick me up some kg-12 and sweets 7.62......damn!!!! i should have told him to pick up some powder...why didnt i read this post yesterday..lol

Initionally I thought it was a gimmick and didn't include any on my last powder order. Then I reviewed the Hodgon loading data. It seems like a very versitile powder for the 223. Capable of uses in a wide variety of bullet weights. And the pressures are relatively low.

I'll get a sample from one of the benchrest guys or buy a lb tomorrow. Seems like it's worth a shot.

"CFE" may be related to it's slower burning if that's the case. Gotta look it up!