jcerillo70

How much ammo do i need for the CJRPC steel shoot?

Sorry to make a new post, but im going to dicks for ammo now and need to know.

This is my first Steel shoot.

Also i'll be Shooting my stock 1911, So can i shoot production with that? or do i have to go Single stack?

I think in steel there is just pistol, revolver, rimfire, carbine, each with an iron sights or open category.

It's not like USPSA divisions. You would be pistol iron with your 1911 assuming you have no optics or

compensator.

They say minimum of 125 for 5 stages, but that's assuming you don't miss once. Sometimes they run

6 stages making minimum round count 150.

To be safe I bring 200 rounds at a minimum.

Really ! Ill shoot revolver and pistol then ;) No speedloaders for the 357 but they can wait an extra 3 seconds for me.

Thanks brother!

I'd pick up a few speed loaders, don't need 5 or more of them, but it's always good to have them, and if you only pick up 2 or 3 a lot of time when we set up the NJGF squads at OB we will help reload the speed loaders if someone need the help.

Also if you think you can dump you wheel and load up again and have your next shot in 3 seconds, your doing better than 99.999999999999% of other wheel gun guys... :icon_mrgreen:

Also if you think you can dump you wheel and load up again and have your next shot in 3 seconds, your doing better than 99.999999999999% of other wheel gun guys... :icon_mrgreen:

Takes me 3 seconds with a regular magazine on a semi auto, LOL!

Well that may be an exaggeration lol maybe a few seconds more :onthequiet:

From what I've experienced they'll have a couple courses that are spread out and distant.

A couple that are mid range and closer. And then one course that's just an all out speed

course that's close. But yeah usually nothing further than 20 yards and if it is at that

distance it's usually one of those big plates. I like those big plates :)