ChrisJM981

Why Cherry Ridge sucks: A member's rant

Let's talk about how we don't get one fackin guest pass for our money either. Not one. That's how new shooters get introduced by the way. I've taken at least 3 different people up there since 09. One is now a gun owner, and the other is looking into the permit process.

I've said it before, but there's almost no benefit for me to take someone to my home range, where I pay annual membership fees, rather than RTSP. Total bs.

My understanding is an agreement with the surrounding towns, NOT rules made up by The ANJRPC I guess some people do not like gun fire late in the day or early in the morning.

This is also the reason there are no shots fired any day before 8:30 AM (the sun rises earlier than that to )

Fair enough, then don't advertise that the range closes 1/2 hour before sunset because it's simply not true. My issue is with the false representation. While I wish I could shoot till 9pm in late June, I understand noise abatement. Hell, I live close enough to CR that I hear shooting every day that I step outside my house or open a window. You get used to it but it has gotten worse in the past few years.

Well Mark you are a good neighbor.

Others - Never forget the range is 50 miles from NYC, one of the most liberal cities in the world. And, the area has become increasingly populated since the range was established.

Got to be a good neighbor if we want to keep the range.

I too would like to shoot till 9:00pm but As I stated, My understanding is an agreement with the surrounding towns, NOT rules made up by The ANJRPC , I am not trying to start a pissing match,I have been a member there for a little over a year and this is how it has been,the last revision of the rules was 1990 and I agree should be updated to reflect the latest changes,and we all know how big organisms move, slow....

And no,there is no way to keep everyone happy,