Duppie

Is that normal?

Still in the process of breaking in my CZ75b and ran an additional 200 rounds through her at SS yesterday.I've noticed that unless I aggressively pull the slide back and release it , the slide sticks half way with the round showing, causing me to push the slide shut. The gun has now 450 rounds of several brands of ammo through her and I've cleaned and lubricated following Angus Hobdell's recommendations

Is this a normal occurrence and will it diminish over time and use?. I'm new to this but I had no such issues breaking in my Sig.

Still in the process of breaking in my CZ75b and ran an additional 200 rounds through her at SS yesterday.I've noticed that unless I aggressively pull the slide back and release it , the slide sticks half way with the round showing, causing me to push the slide shut. The gun has now 450 rounds of several brands of ammo through her and I've cleaned and lubricated following Angus Hobdell's recommendations

Is this a normal occurrence and will it diminish over time and use. I'm new to this but I had no such issues breaking in my Sig.

Clean and lube. Polish the feed ramp if desired. It is not broken in yet.

BTW, you should not be cycling slide slowly. Do it as stated.

• Like 1

Yep. Agresive or slow on the pulling back on the slide makes no difference but to return it foward, just LET GO. Dont even ride your hand foward at all. Let it do its thing! Its easier on the gun than the thousands of times you are basically blowing stuff up inside of it...

+1. If it works reliably using the slide release, then it is OK. There is no reason to baby the slide back into battery unless possibly you needed to chamber a round silently for some reason. In that case you would use your hand to force the slide into battery.

Thank you Gentlemen.

I initially reasoned that it was a user, rather than a equipment issue but I had to be certain.

Rest assured that my "slide riding" days are over.

When my 1911 was breaking in, I had an issue where the bottom of the slide would hang up on the hammer, like a doorstop. It didn't happen always, but those two surfaces could catch and it would happen more than I expected. And it took some looking to figure out where the hangup was. Once I ran enough rounds through it, the two surfaces polished themselves and the problem went away.

That said, it's part of breaking in. I'd want to figure out exactly where the parts are catching and watch to know when the problem reliably disappeared. Off-hand, it sounds like rounds are fitting snug into the chanber. I'd expect enough rubbing will wear the chamber, but I don't know that copper, brass or lead will win the battle against steel.

If it is a tight chamber, and it stays a problem past 500 rounds, I'd get it checked out.

And +1 on releasing the slide fully. If it only happens when your dropping the slide, all the above responses have you straightened out already.

When my 1911 was breaking in, I had an issue where the bottom of the slide would hang up on the hammer, like a doorstop. It didn't happen always, but those two surfaces could catch and it would happen more than I expected. And it took some looking to figure out where the hangup was. Once I ran enough rounds through it, the two surfaces polished themselves and the problem went away.

You might consider the EGW firing pin stop for your 1911. The rounder countours (JMB's original design, btw) reduce the force required to penis the hammer. It improves the smoothness of the action and allows you to run a lighter mainspring if you want.

http://www.egwguns.com/firing-pin-stops/

You might consider the EGW firing pin stop for your 1911. The rounder countours (JMB's original design, btw) reduce the force required to penis the hammer. It improves the smoothness of the action and allows you to run a lighter mainspring if you want.

http://www.egwguns.c...ring-pin-stops/

"penis the hammer"?....................OK,I'll bite.................figuratively, that is.

This forum software replaces the word coc* with penis. Go figure. :)

....and here I was thinking I totally missed out on the cool,manly,inside firearms lingo....

Still in the process of breaking in my CZ75b and ran an additional 200 rounds through her at SS yesterday.

Btw, just have to say this - you don't need to "break-in" a CZ. It's not some tight, finicky target pistol that only feeds certain brands of high-end target ammo. The CZ is one of Eastern Europe's best designs - designed to digest any sort of ammo, including Commie steel cased junk. She'll run 100% right out of the box!

I use the term breaking in loosely, I expect no defining moment or action that indicates to me that the firearm is now ready for any or everything but you must agree that even a finely crafted automobile or honed blade needs a period of time and use to perform optimally.

I researched the CZ and asked many a question before purchase but just had to confirm that it was user rather than equipment error.I truly love this gun and going forward it made me appreciate the heft,feel and performance of a all steel firearm.