RS1200XL

Looking for my first 1911. Kimber, Ruger...or?

Hayden... but that solution is not 100% foolproof. Also, SIGs have a 80s series FPS. I have shot many 1911, some with triggers so twitchy I have put rounds in the roof or may range on recoil I am embarrassed to admit. so far my SIG trigger is perfectly fine for a defensive or carry gun. I had a Colt Combat Commander with a 3# trigger that I could not get myself to trust fully ...

Personally... if you grew up shooting striker fired guns a 80s series triggers is going to seems like a godsend to you, let alone a nice original trigger. I shot so much DA from revolvers growing up that a 4-5# trigger is right were I want to be.

Plus it is not always just the weight of the pull... it is the mechanical release also... is it seemless, any other actions the throw off timing. I hate SIG DA/SA triggers because of the spring sensation they have. Cant seem to hit anything with a SIG.

By the way....checker50... the skeletonized trigger will have no effect or repercussions on either series type you get. I dont think the trigger style itself has any bearing on those parts. I might be wrong on this and if so I would like to hear it.

I went shopping a bit yesterday. One place was Caso's and they had a Colt Rail. Wow very nice gun and the price wasn't TOO far out of my price range. This one has just moved into my list....

Dude didn't I say colt 2 weeks ago lol.

Yeah, you sound like my friend he was also telling me to get a colt, and came shopping with me Saturday. Not 100% set on it, however I do really like the two tone Colt Rail gun.

By the way....checker50... the skeletonized trigger will have no effect or repercussions on either series type you get. I dont think the trigger style itself has any bearing on those parts. I might be wrong on this and if so I would like to hear it.

I was talking more about changing the original trigger it self more than anything. Didnt want to mess with it. Just happened to be a skeleton I wanted.

I have the remington and the ruger, both great guns out of the box, the R-1 is more in line with the standard mil spec 1911 with better sights,trigger etc. No issues on round count 2000+. The Ruger I just picked up and after 500 rounds no issues, very tight frame to slide nice sights the stainless with the black grip safety,slide release etc make a good looking weapon. For about 700 they are both very very good. My off duty carry is the kimber super ultra and after some minor tweaking is very reliable with all types of rounds used, same with the other two mentioned. The kimbers are mucho $$$$$ Good luck and have fun picking. :)