QuePsiPhiSmkr

S&W is taking my gun back

Is there any paperwork to submit if a gun manufacturer refunds your money and deemed the gun unrepairable? I sent my Walther in for sighting issues and the Smith told me the gun could not be fixed and S&W will send a new one or refund the money. I am taking the money and getting something else. The PK380 had 500 rounds through it and it was a lemon.....is there any paperwork involved if there is a refund by the manufacturer?

Make sure you keep all your paperwork regarding giving the gun back to the manufacturer.

Staple it to the pink copy of the PPP you used to buy it, and file it away.

Hopefully, the gestapo will never come around asking for you to account for all the weapons on their list. :keeporder:

funny that Sighewa bought a new pk380 and had nothing but issues with it. First time shooting it, it broke. Sent it back for repair, got it back, it broke. I think he traded it to the dealer he bought it from and they probably got a refund for it.

Good thing is, I hear nothing but good about the ppq tho.

Make sure SW has a valid NJ PPP for the transfer. Then you can simply file the 2 copies of the form properly (1 to NJSP and 1 to issuing PD).

LOL

Maybe send a certified letter to NJSP firearms stating that you have turned the firearm in to the manufacturer and it is no longer in your possession?

ac

just keep the paperwork for returning it back with your original pp.

That sounds easy...until you realize this guy could have 60+ years of life left. He might move 10 more times.

Surely, there must be an easy-ish way to transfer the gun back to the manufacturer legally.

Or, just chuck the paperwork, realize the likelihood of an issue arising is about the same as winning the lottery or less, and just assume the manufacturer will keep proper records as they are probably required by the ATF.

I kind of suspect that s&w holds an ffl. Just maybe. If they are taking ownership of it, they have to put it on their books. There is a record of a transfer. That transfer was legal, and it was not in the state of nj.

There's nothing to do. If anyone comes asking, tell them to talk to s&w, and they should wind up contacting them to verify, and be about their business.