Sign in to follow this  
woodentoe

Thoughts on the Browning Hi-Power

waiting for j0n to come screaming in here and +1ing you and this thread

great gun, trigger is kinda yucky with the magazine disconnect but that's just me. My pops has one of the older ones but it just never gets shot

waiting for j0n to come screaming in here and +1ing you and this thread

great gun, trigger is kinda yucky with the magazine disconnect but that's just me. My pops has one of the older ones but it just never gets shot

I've read this criticism about the way the mag disconnect is designed making the trigger "gritty." It seems counterintuitive that a military firearm would have a magazine disconnect. I can imagine an infantry soldier being separated from his magazine and not being able to even get a single round off from the chamber. Odd.

Still, just as many folks remove the disconnect and claim that the trigger issues go away. I don't really know anything about the pistol type. I'm just curious. Can the British SAS be all wrong? :-)

One of the few pistols I would consider to be used defensively. Mag safety must be removed and something always needs to be done with the safety which is too small on the older models.

Mine has never missed a beat, eats anything and was the first high cap mags.

There are better defense pistols out now but I'm still a HP fanboy.

i have a magnificant late war one that is near perfect, i have not shot it yet. it does feel very nice in the hand

With a statement like that, you better post some pics Nick!

As ray mentioned, I love my BHP. Mine is a '92 production with a basic trigger job from Bill Springfield(mag safety is gone) and an extended ambi safety from Cylinder & Slide. I was pinging steel @ 100yds today without too much effort. Where are you located? I'd be happy to let you shoot mine.

As ray mentioned, I love my BHP. Mine is a '92 production with a basic trigger job from Bill Springfield(mag safety is gone) and an extended ambi safety from Cylinder & Slide. I was pinging steel @ 100yds today without too much effort. Where are you located? I'd be happy to let you shoot mine.

Hey J0n...Did you do the safety yourself? How difficult if you did?

If you want to take a ride to Bridgewater, I'd be happy to have ya shoot mine.

Frank - I'll bring it with me the next time I head your way. Certainly not the best trigger ever, but I like it for the price.

If you want to take a ride to Bridgewater, I'd be happy to have ya shoot mine.

Frank - I'll bring it with me the next time I head your way. Certainly not the best trigger ever, but I like it for the price.

It was worth every penny I paid him but, not for the work. But for what I learned from how he does the triggers and how to improve on it.

Stop by when you're up this way.