BarkNBite

The Harsh Reality Of It...........

Went to our range today in PA to do a little shootin' with my son.....first we stopped at Dick's to pick up some ammo, then off to the range where we spent a wonderful afternoon sending lead down range and enjoying each other's company....just a wonderful time.

Now here back in NJ , I just finished filling out Six hand written Pages of forms for a NJ Pistol Purchase Permit. Must have written my name, address, telephone number at least a half dozen times along with all the other stuff required..........

It's amazing how a river and a toll booth can be the difference between good common sense on one side and shear insanity on the other.......where did we go wrong here?

Guess I just had to vent...........

My friends and I got to PA to shoot usually, at this free rifle range (free for hunters, he's a PA hunter, we were guests). It's funny, it stinks you can only keep 3 rounds at a time there, but honestly, seeing people with adjustable stocks only about 40 minutes away....

Granted, I hate adjustable stocks, but still, I don't see how that's considered an evil feature, it just makes shooting more comfortable for some people.

My friends and I got to PA to shoot usually, at this free rifle range (free for hunters, he's a PA hunter, we were guests). It's funny, it stinks you can only keep 3 rounds at a time there, but honestly, seeing people with adjustable stocks only about 40 minutes away....

Granted, I hate adjustable stocks, but still, I don't see how that's considered an evil feature, it just makes shooting more comfortable for some people.

You can have adjustable stocks on pump shotguns no problem.

I hear ya. I was born and raised in FL.

This is what freedom smells like, my friends: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/ocala/recarea/?recid=40236

The link is about the free, open-to-the-public, self-policed pistol, rifle and shotgun range in the Ocala National Forest. It's paid for and maintained by the state of FL. Well, it's "free" in that it's paid for out of tax dollars levied on firearms and ammunition.

Thanks for that Wiff.......Ah, the smell of Freedom.....Beautiful range there and the best part is it's free..........yup, my sons are grown but I'm waiting for the chance to move away from here.

Our elected officials here believe they have created a better standard of living......just go to another state and you'll quickly see the difference in the people and their demeaner towards one another.

Why do we have the highest taxes, highest insurance rates, worst ristrictive laws in the country, heck even my sister-in -law in NY has a CCL. Is it maybe because we elect lawyers whose law firms benefit from all of this......?

Where did we go wrong.....?

I dunno...

Went to our range today in PA to do a little shootin' with my son.....first we stopped at Dick's to pick up some ammo, then off to the range where we spent a wonderful afternoon sending lead down range and enjoying each other's company....just a wonderful time.

Now here back in NJ , I just finished filling out Six hand written Pages of forms for a NJ Pistol Purchase Permit. Must have written my name, address, telephone number at least a half dozen times along with all the other stuff required..........

It's amazing how a river and a toll booth can be the difference between good common sense on one side and shear insanity on the other.......where did we go wrong here?

Guess I just had to vent...........

?????????????

Form SP66 Consent for Mental Health Records Search.

Form STS-33 Application to Purchase a Handgun.

Two pages=Two minutes tops.

What are the other Four pages?

Page 1...Application For Firearms Purchaser Identification and /or Handgun Purchase Permit.

Page 2...Consent For mental health Record Search.

Page 3...Township Police Firearms Applicant Identification Form.

Page 4...Employment Verification Request.

Page 5...List Of previous Residences.

Page 6...Security Check Authorization Waiver.

There you have it.............and then the NICS check all over again.

And in the other states it's an over the counter purchase for a resident in good standing......what happened here ?

Page 1...Application For Firearms Purchaser Identification and /or Handgun Purchase Permit.

Page 2...Consent For mental health Record Search.

Page 3...Township Police Firearms Applicant Identification Form.

Page 4...Employment Verification Request.

Page 5...List Of previous Residences.

Page 6...Security Check Authorization Waiver.

And in the other states it's an over the counter purchase for a resident in good standing......what happened here ?

I believe you should contact NJ2AS, this is just another case of the town asking other crap that's not required by law.

Page 1...Application For Firearms Purchaser Identification and /or Handgun Purchase Permit. (STS-033)

Page 2...Consent For mental health Record Search. (SP-066)

Page 3...Township Police Firearms Applicant Identification Form. (Illegal)

Page 4...Employment Verification Request. (Illegal)

Page 5...List Of previous Residences. (Illegal)

Page 6...Security Check Authorization Waiver (Illegal)

There is one additional form that is within the bouds of the law - the SBI-212A, Non-criminal Background Check form. Available only from your local PD. This assumes you have been previously fingerprinted for an FPID or a previous P2P and is done in leiu of repeat fingerprinting

As was said - contact the NJ2AS and forward copies of the illegal forms if possible.

• Like 1

Well it's the same ole'....same ole'.......the Chief still has to sign off on it and thats the packet they give you here.

As I said......where did we go wrong ?

Geeeezzzzz.......

By going along to get along. Until we refuse to participate in these clearly illegal requirements, they will continue to add more abuse.

Hey, if anyone has a lazy Sunday (or a job where they don't do much all day, like me) why don't we come up with some letters or something to write our representatives, en masse?

NJ2AS is fighting this as one of there current list of objective, might also suggest something along those lines to them. You can click the NJ2AS in my sig to get to their site to make a post about this, and also become a member if you are not one already.

Well it's the same ole'....same ole'.......the Chief still has to sign off on it and thats the packet they give you here.

As I said......where did we go wrong ?

Geeeezzzzz.......

Check this recent thread out. http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31775-big-thanks-to-j0n-and-tom-from-nj2as/ Things can, and do get done if you stand up for whats right. This example might be just a small victory in taking back our rights, but remember we as New Jersey residents didn't lose our gun rites overnight and we're surely not going to get them back overnight.

NJ2AS is fighting this as one of there current list of objective, might also suggest something along those lines to them. You can click the NJ2AS in my sig to get to their site to make a post about this, and also become a member if you are not one already.

I actually just sent in my paperwork a few days ago. You've probably seen me on the facebook group. My name is Matthew Raymond Freidel.

I actually just sent in my paperwork a few days ago. You've probably seen me on the facebook group. My name is Matthew Raymond Freidel.

Mat, I have a facebook thing, and the wife added a bunch of stuff to it, but in reality, Forums are about my speed, I'm not a facebooker or Tweeter like my wife and kid. Actually I don't even know how to get to my account anymore. :icon_mrgreen:

By the way, Im HD2000FXDL where ever I go so I'm easy to find.

Mat, I have a facebook thing, and the wife added a bunch of stuff to it, but in reality, Forums are about my speed, I'm not a facebooker or Tweeter like my wife and kid. Actually I don't even know how to get to my account anymore. :icon_mrgreen:

By the way, Im HD2000FXDL where ever I go so I'm easy to find.

Haha, same here, I'm pretty much either Kaiser, Kaiserwilly, or Kaiser77 anywhere. I have to admit, it's surprising that that name isn't really taken much anywhere online.

You know what they say about guys with 3 names...................

Any way.....guess that Ole' saying.....The Best Way To See NJ Is From Your Rear View Mirror While Driving Over The Delaware Memorial Bridge......isn't just an Ole' Saying.

Actually, my FULL name is Matthew Raymond Walter Freidel. And since I'm not all that close with my father, I used to use stuff as Carpenter-Freidel.