I'm not familiar with the Sigma, but I would agree that the M&P is fairly similar to a Glock. (And BTW, I didn't give you a -1, which I see now is up to -6!)

Thats ok. Sorry I didnt swallow the popular pill on here. I dont give -1 if someone doesnt like Glock. But thats okay. I carry Glock off-duty because it is what I trust with my life. I have no interest in taking an off the shellf gun and putting thousands of dollars into it so I can shoot at cardboard, though I think it is cool. If I have an opinion about Smith and Wesson so be it.

Thats ok. Sorry I didnt swallow the popular pill on here. I dont give -1 if someone doesnt like Glock. But thats okay. I carry Glock off-duty because it is what I trust with my life. I have no interest in taking an off the shellf gun and putting thousands of dollars into it so I can shoot at cardboard, though I think it is cool. If I have an opinion about Smith and Wesson so be it.

No one would give you a -1 because it was a glock, but rather the comment and manner in which the comment is made.

I dislike all idiots who blatantly put down anything they do not own.

I dislike glocks, and make plenty of Glock KB jokes, but in a serious manner, would never say they are bad handguns or somehow would get me killed over something else, nor would I have a negative opinion about someone who prefers their brand over another.

"I own a glock and everything else is garbage and I refuse to admit there is other stuff out there" is a stupid attitude.

"I own a glock and I would choose a glock over others because of x, y, and Z "is a good comment.

If you want to sell your product, do it on it's own merits, not on the why others are bad.

I have had a 5906 and 908, I also own a SA XD, Kimber Custom II and Beretta 92FS. I have also owned an HK USPC LEM and Sig 229R DAK. I never said M&P is garbage someone else did.

From Wikipedia...

The M&P is a direct evolution of the unsuccessful Smith & Wesson Sigma design, however it does not share parts compatibility with the Sigma. The M&P design has an improved trigger, enhanced ergonomics that allow for end user customization. An industry standard picatinny rail, and a higher grip has been afforded with an improved grip and beavertail. Many of the ergonomic study elements that had been incorporated into the Sigma and the Smith & Wesson SW99 were brought over to the M&P. The improved trigger weight and feel, and unique takedown method (not requiring a dry pull of the trigger) were meant to set the M&P apart from both the Sigma and the popular Glock pistols.

I have had a 5906 and 908, I also own a SA XD, Kimber Custom II and Beretta 92FS. I have also owned an HK USPC LEM and Sig 229R DAK. I never said M&P is garbage someone else did.

From Wikipedia...

The M&P is a direct evolution of the unsuccessful Smith & Wesson Sigma design, however it does not share parts compatibility with the Sigma. The M&P design has an improved trigger, enhanced ergonomics that allow for end user customization. An industry standard picatinny rail, and a higher grip has been afforded with an improved grip and beavertail. Many of the ergonomic study elements that had been incorporated into the Sigma and the Smith & Wesson SW99 were brought over to the M&P. The improved trigger weight and feel, and unique takedown method (not requiring a dry pull of the trigger) were meant to set the M&P apart from both the Sigma and the popular Glock pistols.

example of good post. =)

I know plenty of officers that like the M&P and I will probably get one someday in .40. But being an instructor I see higher qualification scores with Glock than any other weapon.

the glock does point quite well for me, and I can shoot one very well, just don't enjoy the older ergos and the trigger feel, which you can do very little about.

The M&P's in my opinion and experience, do the best job out there for folks with smaller hands, as well as ability to improve the striker fired trigger feel.