Sign in to follow this  
woodentoe

The Clock is Reset in Woodbridge

Hey folks. I picked up my NJFPID and permit on Tuesday Feb 14. Original application went in Novermber 23rd. I was assured by Connie that the long wait was a fluke because of some internal issues in the PD. So, I decided to apply for 5 more permits right then. She seemed a little exasperated and gave me a double take since I had just gotten my permit and now was going to make her type 5 more that I may or may not use. *shrugs*

But, I got a text from my buddy who is NYPD that I use as my reference that he has received the form from Woodbridge PD for my next round of permits. That is three days from app. I guess we'll see how long it takes. I can only assume that NJSP got their stuff by now.

5 permits in the pipe. Original App date Feb 14, 2012. Tick Tock!

Theres a topic somewhere in these forums dedicated to keeping track of the application process.

Ill post the link when i find it unless someone does so for me.

Keeps the forums a little tidier.

Several months ago, it took me 29 days for permits. This tme it took 9 1/2 weeks in Woodbridge. Police chief gone and I don't know who is doing it now.

Spoke to Connie in the permit office about this. The retired Chief has now been replaced by himself. He came back. She said now the process should be quicker.She also told me a lot of detectives retired because they were going to make changes to their pensions. So there you go!