Plinker

Anyone drive Rt. 13 thru Del-Mar-Va recently?

I'm driving my daughter back to Ft. Eustis and have been thinking of taking 13 down thru Delaware thru to Norfolk, etc. I've driven it before many years ago and while it does have it's stop and goes, it's not a bad drive. When I picked my daughter up we took PA Tpke to 95....what a ?!#%^ mess around Washington DC. Even on the bypasses. Took over three hours to get from Baltimore to Alexandria. Part due to gettining locked into rush hour, which happened because things were goining so slow I couldn't get thru the area in time.

Any major construction going on Rt 13 that anyone knows about?

I'll do 13 and not worry about the time of the day, take 95 and I time it that I go through the DC area in the middle of the night, even then it can be hit or miss. By the way, I think it's 795 or 895 thats one of the by-passes, every time I have been on it it's been like driving with a bunch of drunk racers, Don't think i have even been through there with out seeing at least 1 accident, last time I saw 5 and 2 involved passenger busses. Just nuts..

I drive to NC a lot. I take turnpike to Delaware, then US 1 to 113 then 13 (Dover af base). Take 113 less traffic, hardly any lights and cuts about 40 mins off taking 13 with all the lights. Just takes you a bit more east. Stay on 113 until the end and it will turn into 13

Well, took everyones advice and on Monday we took our daughter back to Ft. Eustis. Took 295 to 1 to 113 and so on. Was a nice calm drive. Traffic was fine. On the way back though we were hitting Wilmington around 10pm, so jumped from 1 to 495/95 and took it north. I knew that the traffic would be moving pretty fast. Fortunately no problems and made it home safe and sound...and no tickets. Total trip was ~16 hrs.

Thanks for the alternate route!