SW99

These first build threads never get old... LOL

Here's a link to a thread of mine with pics of my AR http://njgunforums.c...601#entry390601

(doing this from my phone so actually linking is tough)

I've since removed the carry handle and added a Magpul MBUS and Primary Arms micro dot. I'll post a pic of it's current configuration when I get home. I also ordered a Magpul ASAP and AFG2 for it (what can I say I love Magpul products).

You're close to me. We'll have to go shooting when you finish it up. I'm joining Cherry Ridge when I get my tax return so maybe we can shoot up there for some distance.

Thanks, I'm going to look into all the parts you mentioned. Im going on vacation next week so will have to wait to order everything till i get back anyway. Don't want stuff showing up at the door and me not be here.

I would love to go shooting when its all done. I have a few hand guns we could play with also.

Thanks, I'm going to look into all the parts you mentioned. Im going on vacation next week so will have to wait to order everything till i get back anyway. Don't want stuff showing up at the door and me not be here.

I would love to go shooting when its all done. I have a few hand guns we could play with also.

Enjoy the vacation. Where you headed? We'll try to plan something out when you're finished building. I got an AR, XD9, and 590A1 to have some fun with.

Enjoy the vacation. Where you headed? We'll try to plan something out when you're finished building. I got an AR, XD9, and 590A1 to have some fun with.

Cruise to the Bahamas.

Nice. I have an XD Sub Compact 2-tone .40, SW99 9mm, Ruger P90 and S&W Airweight .38

I can get it today though, and I don't have to wait for it to come lol

Ahhh, I thought you were talking about ordering it from them, not buying one of thier kits local.

Looks good, wasnt as hard as you would think to put together either, right?

Looks good. Did you lose any springs or detents or were you lucky like me and didn't lose any?

I lost one of the detents when putting the take down pin in. It was so aggravating, good thing there were 3 in the package. I also lost the Bolt Catch Roll Pin for about 10 min, but then found it LOL

Ahhh, I thought you were talking about ordering it from them, not buying one of thier kits local.

Looks good, wasnt as hard as you would think to put together either, right?

Thanks. It really wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it, and can't wait to do more.

These are the parts I have left but need the stock to install.

post-4646-0-79652900-1329950499_thumb.jpg

Unless your planning on buying all the tools, or know someone who you can borrow them from, buying a complete upper is alot easier/faster/cheaper*.

*cheaper when you factor in having to buy the vice blocks, barrel nut wrench, etc to build your own.

Unless your planning on buying all the tools, or know someone who you can borrow them from, buying a complete upper is alot easier/faster/cheaper*.

*cheaper when you factor in having to buy the vice blocks, barrel nut wrench, etc to build your own.

My buddy who builds these things is going on vacation with us so I will be able to pick his brain for a week and see. When I get back I'll start ordering parts either way!

Get a JSE Surplus upper. Talk to Old School (Frank) about 'em.

Thanks for the info.

Need something that can be ordered put together already as I do not have the necessary tools to do it myself. Looking to keep it fairly simple and cost effective (its my first build).

I essentially got this upper here:

http://www.jsesurplus.com/custom16hbarmidlength1x9flattopuppercompletestandard-2-1-1.aspx

Added some stuff though - MOE Handguard (Black), Quad rail low profile gas block, Badger Gen 2 tac latch, RRA BCG, and a YHM Phantom 5M2 (Smooth) Brake.

You will have to get the brake pinned, however.