Sign in to follow this  
remo

Home defense - Benelli M4 vs Supernova - sime-auto vs manual

I have an M2. I love it. I think it makes a great HD gun.

However, one minor down side of pumps vs. autos is that autos need a minimum power of load to cycle the action.

If you're planning to run some of those "less-than-lethal" rounds in your HD gun, like the bean bags or rubber slugs, they may not have enough "oomph" to cycle a semi auto.

Pump, like the honey badger, don't care. Run the pump and you're on to the next round.

The only time my M2 has failed to cycle on me so far was when I tried some bean bag rounds. They fired off fine but I had to manually cycle the bolt to feed the next round.

lol @ Ronald silver sure the M2 is a great shotgun as everyone knows im a huge Benelli Fanatic the M4 is as simple as the M2.

p.s. as to the OP i own all three of the shotguns in question here.

I use a .40 S&W Glock 27 for home defense lol

on my 7th Benelli btw

Benelli M2 Tactical. Why M4? M2 is simpler and easier for maintainance. M2 is cleaner. Without a gas piston, M2 is more like a malfunction free gun

its long been said the M4 is the most reliable auto shotgun on the planet, and nearly as reliable as the best pump. its the only auto shotgun currently issued in the US armed forces.

its long been said the M4 is the most reliable auto shotgun on the planet, and nearly as reliable as the best pump. its the only auto shotgun currently issued in the US armed forces.

Yup, and I watched one fail at the Old Bridge zombie shoot. pump gun wins again

Obviously that person has never broken his m4 in correctly; i have told you many times mine cycles light loads no problems

love, Rob

Long story short, dude said it's been broken in nicely. It was an SBR one too, as he was a penny resident. But Alas, he couldn't compete with yours truely. As my 590A1 is a beast, a monster, destructor, demolitior, destroyer, mega-12 gauge behemoth.