iRescue

Sig pricing

Hey all,

Has anyone seen what a sig p226 in 9mm is going for now-a-days?

Trying to further my research as I wait for paperwork..

If you happen to be at the range, would you be able to check what one would go for?

I am going to check with Shore Shot and Brick Armory later this week

Thanks!

Friendly advice, if you go to Brick Armory DO NOT give them a deposit. If they have the gun in stock then feel free to buy it. The reason they are no longer a sponsor here is they were tossed off the forum for taking customer deposits and not making people wait indefinitely without delivering the goods.

I know a 226 at SS was tagged at $930 which was wwaayyy pricier then what I found online. I understand most folk would like hold the physical product they are buying. If you have held a 226 before you know what it feels like... New in box is just that. The same way you'd buy it out of the glass case. That said I got my 226 Two tone online for $670.. add a $45 FFL w/nics and you got yourself a MUCH better deal after $930+taxes. Im not trying to bash local retailers because they have to make a buck, but there are cheaper options out there.

Friendly advice, if you go to Brick Armory DO NOT give them a deposit. If they have the gun in stock then feel free to buy it. The reason they are no longer a sponsor here is they were tossed off the forum for taking customer deposits and not making people wait indefinitely without delivering the goods.

What's your problem with ba? When was the last time u did business with them. I.have ordered from them, the item came in well before they estimated since there distributors didn't have it in stock, the wrong gun came in so.they used my deposited towards a gun off the shelf. Seriously, my buddy ordered 2 Glocks from them, had in 2 days, payed up front, then discounted his memberships dues since they quoted next day. What ever bad blood you got u should re think, I know people who use them all.the time with no issues. And I felt with Phil on my purchase with no issues. I think that people need to give them a chance. People change, and business practices change. Just like everyone's beloved shore shot.

Where do I begin? If you look carefully, I think you will see less praise for Shore Shot from me and others than in the past, because of some less than positive experiences there by members on the forum. A member here stated that SS had ended the NJGF member discount, and I said they were foolish and their business will hopefully suffer for it. My opinions are not written in stone, and are subject to change based on experiences.

As for Brick Armory, if you culled the negative buying experiences of forum members here, it would number in the hundreds. Use the search function, see the first time and long time posters experiences. It was a real horror show. There are a lot of us that used to be members there (including me) that would never put a deposit down because of them. I don't need to be screwed personally to form an opinion, especially when I see it happening to friends. It wasn't always this way either. I remember when the guys at Shore Shot weren't interested in this site because they called it the "Brick Armory Forum". BA did this to themselves.

I see it as common courtesy to warn folks about business practices that are shoddy, bordering on unethical.

The hardest part for BA is if they really have turned over a new leaf. Reputations take a long time to rebuild. Once bitten, twice shy.

Before going back to regularly scheduled programming....

1. I sincerely hope BA has got its business practices together. I loved shooting there, and the people there are quite knowledgeable for a typical gun store. I would not hesitate to use the range, or purchase firearms that are in stock, and on the shelf. It is a great store, great indoor range, and still the number 1 or 2 indoor range in the state for both the comfort level and value. It typically is not over run by idiots, and the place I felt the safest shooting at an indoor public range. Phil is a nice guy and would not intentionally do something to screw you over....... however....

I would not personally put a deposit, or pre pay for an item and wait for it to come. UPS tends to be closed, packages get lost, distributor was out, etc. Too many people here had issues. On this information alone, buyer beware, or at least know your expectations will likely not be met in a timely fashion.

2. Resolution to SS is coming.

Now... back to the original post. Sigs have gotten higher in price over the past few months and year. They have also been making so many varieties that you got to make sure you are comparing apples to apples, and not a CPO gun to a new in box gun, an Elite to a non elite, etc.

My own advice, look for a used Sig p226. Most are gently used, and even better if you find a Sig CPO gun.

Before you come in and spout off as a know-it-all you should do your research. MANY people experienced what was noted above. Good for BA if they changed, cause it couldn't get any worse...

I'm not coming in as a know it all, I'm just stating facts of recent transactions. The past is the past, just sick and tired of all the crap being written. Let people have there own experiences, its funny though and nothing about you guys, but when I talked crap about ss, and there horrible customer service a mod contacted me and threatened to close my account. Wow but its ok to say worst then I said about ba. Listen, I use them , I'm a member there, half the people I shoot with from my dept shoot there, never one problem. Let people form there own opinions. Yea ba rep is shot, but people change. Remember that.

I'm not coming in as a know it all, I'm just stating facts of recent transactions. The past is the past, just sick and tired of all the crap being written. Let people have there own experiences, its funny though and nothing about you guys, but when I talked crap about ss, and there horrible customer service a mod contacted me and threatened to close my account. Wow but its ok to say worst then I said about ba. Listen, I use them , I'm a member there, half the people I shoot with from my dept shoot there, never one problem. Let people form there own opinions. Yea ba rep is shot, but people change. Remember that.

Please do let me know what that was.

No one is "talking crap" about BA, people are sharing their experience, their own personal experience. All of it stems from a bigger issue, which I only believe I have a general understanding, but easily 10 to 15 forum members that I know of, that would share their experience.

If someone has a legitimate concern, posted properly without name calling etc, it will never be deleted.

I have personally been lied to my face, and jerked around on 2 transactions, had issues with payment on a gun I sold through BA. Want details? come shoot at the range.

If BA changed, that is awesome, but what you are asking is for people to buy a car that has a history for blowing up. It took Hyundai 10 years or more to clear up their name, unfortunately, most of the dealerships still treat you like a moron. I hope it takes less than 10 years for BA to clear its name.

The problem is, BA never acknowledged that they had issues... not once. A simple "I'm sorry I messed up, and here is how I am going to change and fix this...." would of gone a long way towards rebuilding that trust. Phil has an account on NJGF, and regularly reads the forum, he always has an open invitation for a platform to start rebuilding.

The past, is the past, agreed. Yet, as a LEO, you know as well as I the stats for recidivism. Do some people change? Yes, SOME do. How many more stay EXACTLY the same??

Have you considered that the only reason YOU didn't get screwed over is BECAUSE you're a LEO?

Yeah I have not seen anyone make claims against BA without giving their personal experience, my experiences have been hit and miss with them between use of range and buying guns. I agree though if someone was just saying "oh BA is a horrible place from what others tell me" or something along those lines without a personal experience or proof they shouldn't be posting.

As far as sig's are concerned, I have the p229EE its a great gun and built like a tank, I found when I was going around to buy it, there are so many variants. With all the different models you can get a basic 226 or 229 new in the 700ish range or you can hit close to 1k depending on the features. An elite variant will run 100-200 dollars more and your just getting elite written on the slide and a beaver tail, the SRT and enhanced grips are definitely good features worth getting.

If you can find a 226 or 229 used with the enhanced grips and the SRT that would be your best case scenario with their current pricing. If your gonna go new use the price request feature on this site first, I usually got my best deals that way.

The past, is the past, agreed. Yet, as a LEO, you know as well as I the stats for recidivism. Do some people change? Yes, SOME do. How many more stay EXACTLY the same??

Have you considered that the only reason YOU didn't get screwed over is BECAUSE you're a LEO?

Yea, because my buddy who bought 2 handguns from them is a trash man lol. I get no Leo courtesy there unless there empty and they let me kill the lights to night fire lmao

Your best bet is to shop around for your next gun. Try Top Gun Supply online.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/

TGS is not the greatest pricing when you factor in an extra $20 to ship the gun from them to your ffl and a transfer fee. I have had many good deals with TGS but they are not the end all be all.

Look to forum vendors. I have gotten within a few bucks of online prices locally and that is my preference. I would rather support the local guys that support me when I need it. Now, when they can't get me within the range I wanna be in, I do order online. The key is to account for all costs.

Chris,

BA is bad man. We can go on and on with the way they have treated members to screwing people. IMO, once a loser that screws people, always a douche.