vortex0178

WTB .357 Ruger GP100 or S&W 686 ***Found***

***S&W 686 purchased, thanks guys!***

Mods, kindly close this thread.

Looking to get my first .357 wheelgun, either a Ruger GP100 (preferably stainless) or a S&W 686 (preferably pre-lock), of the 6" or 4" varieties. I have a permit in hand but due to OGAM I cannot purchase until 4/2. Let me know what you've got! Pics would be great, but seeing said revolver in person would be even better :) I am in Bergen County, and shoot up at Cherry Ridge.

686 whoops the GP100.

Ruger fans are going to come in swinging saying how GP100s are stronger becuase it seems to be the only attribute that comes up. If that WAS true, I can assure you it does not matter. The S&Ws are plenty strong. If you are buying a revolver with its only attribute being strength, just buy a S&W 500 and shoot light loads. The extra strength IF there is not usefull...

The 686 has better fit & finish, better trigger, better customer service.

As far as barrel length goes, unless you plan on using it for carry then 6" is best. Better balance, less recoil, more accuracy due to longer sight radius. Only drawback is concealability.

686 whoops the GP100.

Ruger fans are going to come in swinging saying how GP100s are stronger becuase it seems to be the only attribute that comes up. If that WAS true, I can assure you it does not matter. The S&Ws are plenty strong.

The 686 has better fit & finish, better trigger, better customer service.

There really the same thing. It's just a matter of what you want to do and what you want to spend.