Tackleberry 03

Saiga Shot Gun a little gunsmithing

That kushnapup apparenty only works with unconverted saigas,... That means it's adding even more trigger linkage to an already crappy FGC. Probably making it even worse

there is no question in my mind that the FCG is awful.. but IF legal.. might make an OK self defense weapon...

post-2110-0-00197600-1333906012_thumb.jpgpost-2110-0-00197600-1333906012_thumb.jpg

So a thumbhole stock is now a pistol grip? I know PAP stocks don't fit on saiga's but if it did that would be considered a pistol grip?

a PAP is a CENTERFIRE RIFLE.... NOT a shotgun....2 totally separate rules apply. its not that hard to grasp....NO pistol grips on semi auto shotguns...period. A thumbhole is considered a pistol grip....I asked and provided a picture of what i wanted to do and was told no

http://home.comcast....hoke/s12rs8.jpg

this is what i wanted to convert mine to look like(without the brake on it)....they said no go....

post-2110-0-00197600-1333906012_thumb.jpgpost-2110-0-00197600-1333906012_thumb.jpg

a PAP is a CENTERFIRE RIFLE.... NOT a shotgun....2 totally separate rules apply. its

not that hard to grasp....NO pistol grips on semi auto shotguns...period. A thumbhole is considered a pistol grip....I asked and provided a picture of what i wanted to do and was told no

http://home.comcast....hoke/s12rs8.jpg

this is what i wanted to convert mine to look like(without the brake on it)....they said no go....

I wanted to put a pap like stock ON A SAIGA SHOTGUN.

It's really NOT that HARD to understand. It's obviously 2 completely different rule sets for 2 different types of firearms.

Read posts fully and you'll get it.

duh....

you can't do that. a pap has a thumbhole stock and is a centerfire rifle. A thumbhole stock on saiga SHOTGUN is NOT legal in nj as they consider it a pistol grip. How much clearer do you want it to be? A pap MUST conform to DIFFERENT laws than a shot gun and it is ok to have a thumbhole/pistole grip on it as long as you don't have any of the other combinations of evil features. A SHOTGUN, ANY SEMIAUTOMATIC shotgun, by LAW, CANNOT have a pistol grip in NJ....it is a stand alone part that will classify ANY semi auto shotgun an assault weapon....JUST BY ITSELF. It doesn't matter if it is converted or not....the thumbhole stock, is a pistol grip to the NJSP firearms unit

BUT, go ahead, be the test case, if you don't go to jail or beat the charges, i will gladly put a thumbhole on my saiga....