iRescue

Carry at home?

Wow...Where are you living that you feel a need to carry...in your HOME???

I live in a relatively nice area. Homes here go for roughly $250k+. It's not where the rich folk live, but it's very comfortable. A couple months back, just down the street, a house was broken into and the family held at knife-point. I don't CARRY, again because my house is small enough that I can get to a gun in under 5 seconds, wherever I am. But thinking that it can't happen to you is ignorant and naive. Do as you please though.

I have never felt the need to carry at home. Does this leave me unprepared in case of home invasion? Yes and I am comfortable with that particular risk in my particular environment. All our situations are different and we all evaluate them in our own way.

I'll confess something to you all. I wear a motorcycle helmet 99.99% of the time but occasionally in other states I ride helmetless just because I feel like it at the time. Is it "wrong," sure. But it's also an informed choice and I take ownership of the consequence. So let's not cast stones at others who may make a different risk / reward assessment for themselves.

I'll confess something to you all. I wear a motorcycle helmet 99.99% of the time

Well no wonder you don't carry at home - who wants to lug around all that weight? I mean the helmet must go two pounds and the gun another pound or two. Don't the neighbors look at you funny? And doesn't it take longer than that .01% of your time to shower? Or is the helmet waterproof?

:D :D :D

My step son moved out several weeks ago but for some reason he decided to sleep over the other night something to do with working late.Around 11pm I hear noise coming from inside my living room I grabbed my gun opened the door and their is my stepson.He saw me with gun in hand and I told him from now on you better call before you just walk in.

I keep the gun close when at home always thinking safety and keeping a clear head.

I would like to add that my 4 year old knows I carry sometimes. It is what it is. She is aware of what a gun can do, but knows as long as it is not played with, it will not hurt you by itself. As far as her being ready to go shooting yet, i dont think so. I'll give it a few years. She knows they are dangerous, i talk to her about the rules, but i dont think, at 4 years old, she can understand the severity of an accident involving firearms, or even the extent of "death". I dunno

I am interested incarrying around the house perimeter when I am working in my detatched garage. However I have a shared drive way.

Its a little tricky. However I think I am going to mount a discreet gunsafe in my garage and only "load" it when I am working in it..

Not a bad idea. Only issue is the shared driveway LOL. gotta love NJ.

I live in an apartment with a garage but with NO direct access to the garage. Am I technically illegal while "transporting" my pistol to my garage?

according to NJ Laws unless you're going to and from "authorized" places (with some acceptable deviation), whatever firearm you're transporting would be illegal unless you are on the list of exempted people. :)

It's not a bad idea to be prepared, especially at night. I live in a town up north where nothing usually happens. Well one night a couple of guys broke into a neighbors house while they were sleeping upstairs. He heard a noise downstairs and went to investigate and the guys bolted. This could have gotten ugly, but fortunately it didn't.

It happened to be winter time and there was snow on the ground. The police tracked and caught the guys from their footprints. What idiots! They were from paterson, which is about a 40 min drive from my house. We have no idea why they selected his house or this area, it made no sense. Just don't be one of those people that say "things like that don't happen here."