3card

Glock 27

Should be receiving my CCW hopefully in the next couple of weeks. So with that said I purchased a 40 cal Glock 27 to take out west with me. Went to RTSP on Thursday then down to SureShot on Saturday. First impression great gun very accurate. Only real con is my big hands need to purchase the mag extension but not sure how that will effect the CC. However I'm sure with some time with the gun I'll get use to handling it

Depending on which extension size you buy (there are many) will determine concealability. Seems the bigger the extension the more foward cant you need to keep the pistol from printing. Ofcourse that also depends on what IWB o'clock you decide on.

I have the 26 and thought I needed mag extensions and went out and bought a couple different ones to try. In the end I decided I liked the stock mag base plates and the 2 finger grip the best. Try a few more times with the stock base plates before spending any money, although they are fairly cheap.

I have the 26 and thought I needed mag extensions and went out and bought a couple different ones to try. In the end I decided I liked the stock mag base plates and the 2 finger grip the best. Try a few more times with the stock base plates before spending any money, although they are fairly cheap.

Tried the exact same thing on my G26 and also ended up with the stock mag plates. I m more comfortable now with the stock that with any extensions. Its all a matter of getting used to shooting with it.

I've carried 17s,19s,and 26s concealed for about 15 years. AFAIC there isn't a lot of difference in concealing any of them if you're us ing a good holster. An inch or so in length our height doesn't really ( matter unless you're very small (under 5 feet) or using an ankle holster where the smaller 26 is obviously easier to conceal. This is why I feel a 19 is the best all around Glock 9mm.

If you feel you need rthe extension the only ones I can vouch for is the Glock or Pearce. Get the ones that give you an extra round or two as you might as well use that extra height for more than just a bigger grip.

I agree with Griz, the 19 is the best all around and not really that hard to conceal.

I own a g26 and went through the same motions as you. In the end, I put a set of gap floor plates on my mags and put a talon grip on. The skateboard tape one. That made a huge difference for me. As far as the abrasion of the tape, well I wear a tshirt under my shirts anyway, so it doesn't affect me. Bare skin it and it may be an issue. Also, I have the same talon grips on every glock I own. I get a very good purchase on the gun with them