EngineerJet

Back from Parris Island

Congratulations on your perseverance and your accomplishment. Thanks for your service.

My son is in the Air Force and one of his choices was helicopter maintenance, but they did not give him that. (They pretty much haven't given him any of his choices for anything, but that is the military and that is another story.) Anyway, he will soon be doing C-130 maintenance at Yokota AFB in Japan.

Well fellas, for those who remember I left for MCRD Parris Island in January and I got back this past Saturday. It took a little longer to finish training since I got injured and had to get dropped into a Medical Rehabilitation Platoon (MRP) but I was determined as ever to leave that island a Marine. The way I see it, it adds character to get hurt...lol. But it's great to be back, yet not great go from carrying an M16A4 everyday back to the fun gun laws of good ole NJ. It steams me knowing I joined to defend my country and possibly give my life, yet I can't defend myself in my home state. Ok, NJ soapbox over, on a brighter note I'm on leave and plan to enjoy every minute of it!

Semper Fi

Semper Fi and create yourself great days in the corps!!! 1478307 ( my ser. # )

Scig

I leave for MCT this Monday then its off to Pensacola for Avionics training, where I'll learn how to fix helicopters!

Wow, funny stuff. I was originally scheduled to leave for boot camp two days ago, gotten out in July, and then headed down to Pensacola for Avionics as well. With the Navy though. But we would have been down there at the same time. Good luck in MCT.