Sign in to follow this  
fatty

FPID at Palisades Park PD? Anyone with experience?

hey everyone

new guy here trying to see if anyone's had any experience with the palisades park PD for their FPID application. tried looking through a lot of threads and it doesn't seem as though anyone's posted anything about this town.

wasn't really given any time frame and the only response I got was "someone will call you at some point." so... I'm assuming this will be a long wait...

after reading a ton of threads, this forum has definitely got me really excited to get my first handgun! looking at an S.A. XD40 at the moment. i've already been to bullet hole twice in the past week and went thru roughly 300 rds with my buddy's XD45 and kimber 1911. I have to admit, I'm already hooked and it looks like this will be one expensive hobby.

if anyone can chine in about this town's usual wait time, it would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Joe

Another thing to add..

I submitted my application paperwork, got my case # for morphotrak on the same day and schedule for finger printing 2 weeks later. I bring my receipt back to the PD and ask who to write the money orders out to, but am told that it's not needed at that time.

Has anyone else paid the fees (aside from morpho for printing) after this point? I feel like the process is just being delayed.

Are the payments required for the application to go thru in the first place? Or can they ask for payment later on after everything checks out?

Please help

Has anyone else paid the fees (aside from morpho for printing) after this point? I feel like the process is just being delayed.

Are the payments required for the application to go thru in the first place? Or can they ask for payment later on after everything checks out?

You have already paid for the printing. There are no other charges until you take receipt of your FPID and/or P2P's. $5 for the FPID and $2 ea for the P2P's. The departments that take your money up front are the ones in the wrong - what if you don't get approved? You're fine.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for the response Pizza Bob!

I've read that many PD's are taking the payments along with the application so I figured it was the norm, so to read your comment makes me feel much more at ease.

Joe

Thanks for the response Pizza Bob!

I've read that many PD's are taking the payments along with the application so I figured it was the norm, so to read your comment makes me feel much more at ease.

Joe

On subsequent permits, they will want the $18 for the non-criminal background check (SP-212A - done in leiu of fingerprinting) at the time of application. Permits and FPID's should be paid upon receipt.