I think the only way a c@r will help you beat ogam is if you can aquire the handguns out of state.

Is nics waved with a c&r? And what about transfer fees from an 01ffl? I'm sure they must charge you something but if there's less paperwork for them maybe they won't hit you as badly.

(I looked into this further and found a thread here on NJgunforums from Dec 2010. Here is the original page link to the thread

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20891-cr-liscense-and-nj-specifically-m1-carbine/page__st__20 )

Letter from NJ State Police Special Investigations regarding one gun a month and a C&R license.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=2422

March 30, 2010

Dear Chief:

This letter is intended to provide your department with guidance and direction as to the proper administration

of, and procedures to follow regarding the recently enacted legislation concerning the purchase of one

handgun every thirty days, and the proper submission of applications for those seeking exemption to the law.

Be advised the following handgun transfers are not subject to the purchase of one handgun every thirty days

law and thus the transactions DO NOT require the completion of the new “Application for Multiple Handgun

Purchase Exemption” form (S.P. 015) and the new “Seller/Transferor Certification” form (S.P. 016):

Handguns passing to heirs or legatees (N.J.S. 2C:58-3j).

A federal, state, or local law enforcement officer or agency purchasing handguns for use by officers

in the actual performance of their law enforcement duties.

A collector of handguns as curios or relics as defined in Title 18, United States Code, section

921(a)(13) who has in his possession a valid Collector of Curios and Relics License issued by the

Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Transfers of handguns between licensed retail dealers.

Any transaction where the person has purchased a handgun from a licensed retail dealer and has

returned that handgun to the dealer in exchange for another handgun within 30 days of the

original transaction, provided the retail dealer reports the exchange transaction to the superintendent.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation regarding this matter. Should you have any questions, please feel

free to contact Lieutenant David B. Schlueter, Firearms Investigation Unit Supervisor, at (609) 882-2000,

extension 2555.

Sincerely,

FOR COLONEL JOSEPH R. FUENTES

SUPERINTENDENT

Major Marshall Cradock

Commanding Officer

Special Investigations Section

Unfortunately, Marshall has retired and someone else is in charge. Various calls to the NJSP Firearms Unit has resulted in the following responses:

- New Jersey doesn't recognize C&R licenses.

- C&R holders are only exempt from C&R firearms, but must submit the exemption forms.

- The law might identify a C&R licensee, but the NJSP does not accept this.

- If a C&R licensee attempts to bypass OGAM, the NJSP will arrest them.

- LEO is exempt from OGAM (off topic).

- LEO is exempt from OGAM for a common caliber used for duty use (off topic).

As stated prior, there are almost 200 C&R licensees in NJ. Proceed at your own risk for OGAM. :roulette:

Unfortunately, Marshall has retired and someone else is in charge. Various calls to the NJSP Firearms Unit has resulted in the following responses:

- New Jersey doesn't recognize C&R licenses.

- C&R holders are only exempt from C&R firearms, but must submit the exemption forms.

- The law might identify a C&R licensee, but the NJSP does not accept this.

- If a C&R licensee attempts to bypass OGAM, the NJSP will arrest them.

- LEO is exempt from OGAM (off topic).

- LEO is exempt from OGAM for a common caliber used for duty use (off topic).

As stated prior, there are almost 200 C&R licensees in NJ. Proceed at your own risk for OGAM. ../../../public/style_emoticons/default/russian_roulette.gif

I guess the only question to ask is, is it possible to go travel out of state and buy a C&R rifle with the C&R license? (What about a C&R pistol since the transaction won't be taking place in NJ?).

In NY State, the C&R license holders can only receive C&R rifles but not pistols. And since NY State has hand gun registration and requires a FFL for all handguns, I am assuming NY C&R licensees cannot travel out of state to acquire C&R pistols.

But since there is no registration (of handguns acquired lawfully out of state in NJ) would a C&R restriction on pistols bought with a C&R out of state apply?

In other words what happens with transactions lawfully done out of state and received out of state with the C&R license by a NJ based C&R license holder ?

I also recall that a holder of a C&R license is regarded by the state the same as am 001 FFL holder and therefore must also acquire a state firearms license, which of course, opens you up to NJSP inspection also and, possibly also a business license. True? Not true? People wnat to know.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Nappen said that Bob. The only one that can truly answer that is a C&R holder. However, they will probably not post on a public forum any details, which I totally accept. If I were to make an educated guess, they have not had a visit that did not go well.