YWHIC

At Range 14 today.. nice day..

I went to Range 14 today about 11:30.. shot for an hour.. met some folks..

Nice day for it.. small breeze..

At 1480 rounds (or so) thru the BCM 14.5" upper I put together with a PSA lower last Sept..

Range060312.jpg

BCMShelly.jpg

Sold the Spikes rifle last week and got 5 solar panels coming in for my TX building..

Overall a happy day (and week) for me..

How busy was it today? I'm scared to go on the weekends because I assume its going to be packed with a long wait to get a bench.

Same, Though I'd hate the 40 minute drive, R14 is a low-cost option for me to go shooting.

1480 trouble free rounds I suppose?

Yup.. :B:):

The C-Products mags gave me pause with the 1st volley.. seemed like the Wolf Steel casings were going to bind a bit on them.. I realized that before I inserted them.. ;)

When I got home I took them apart and was able to clean out some dust.. thats about it.. I don't want to oil them as that may cause binding down the line..

I have Pmags in 15 round flavor but they were home loaded with the Zombie (PMC XTAC 62gr Green Tips).. in case Zombies start driving.. :rolleyes:

I was on the pistol range from around 10AM to 12 with my friend and a co-worker who is interested in buying a gun. It was an expensive day... total round count 775 rounds down range. But I always consider it a good day when I come back empty.

There was a family next to me who was shooting a Ruger Blackhawk and kindly let me shoot it. I've never been a big fan of single action revolvers guns, but after watching 6 straight hours of Hatfields and McCoys I think my obstinacy is waning. Looks like a Ruger Blackhawk and lever-action Henry is in my future...

That is one of the reasons I like Ft. Dix. The people there always seem friendly and are willing to let you see and shoot their stuff. I tend to get some attention once in a while with my PX4 (few people have them) and I always let people shoot it if they are interested.

A fellow on table 2 had a 50... I didn't ask.. too much $$ for my blood..

I was on table 3 with my lonely BCM HF 5.56 AR bustin clays at 100 yards... and playing with a cheapy 6x32 scope.. (which has held for 3 years of use on other items including an 762x39 (AK)..)

At the rate ammo has crept up I need to grab another 500 of the Wolf WPA before that goes tooo far up.. last batch was $110 shipped..

Yup.. :B:):

The C-Products mags gave me pause with the 1st volley.. seemed like the Wolf Steel casings were going to bind a bit on them.. I realized that before I inserted them.. ;)

When I got home I took them apart and was able to clean out some dust.. thats about it.. I don't want to oil them as that may cause binding down the line..

I have Pmags in 15 round flavor but they were home loaded with the Zombie (PMC XTAC 62gr Green Tips).. in case Zombies start driving.. :rolleyes:

I don't like C Products magazines. Pmags are great.