Sign in to follow this  
gunguynj

Recommend my first semi auto

For a nice pistol that is underpriced, check out the Sig SP2022 in 9mm or (if you want to spend more on ammo) .40 cal. They are on Bud's right now for under $450. I've had one for about 6 years (paid a lot more for it too) and it's a solid performer, it's a Sig, and it is a pleasure to shoot.

+1 on the Sig SP2022. 15 round mag, as accurate as any combat pistols around, cheaper than all other pistols so far mentioned.

Well first off thanks for the replies.

I am still considering but recently a friend tried to sell me on a p226. Saw one at BH for around 950 with NICS...

Thoughts on what makes this Sig more than 300 more dollars than a comparable Beretta?

Well first off thanks for the replies.

I am still considering but recently a friend tried to sell me on a p226. Saw one at BH for around 950 with NICS...

Thoughts on what makes this Sig more than 300 more dollars than a comparable Beretta?

If you hold the two in your hand the difference is clear. The Sig is just IMO a much better-constructed weapon. Check the marketplace, as there are two fantastic P226s for sale right now.

If you hold the two in your hand the difference is clear. The Sig is just IMO a much better-constructed weapon. Check the marketplace, as there are two fantastic P226s for sale right now.

They are both high-quality firearms. Sigs charge more just because they are Sigs. Beretta's are ambi-friendly though. So that's a big +1.