O-gre

Interesting range visit with Sig 226 elite and HK P30

Went to the range with an experienced buddy of mine and with the Sig just about every shot was within 2" of each other at 10yds. With the HK more like 12" I have 600 rounds through the HK and still feel like I have no feel for the LEM... The Sig shoots great from 1st shot. Maybe the weight and size diff?

Really? The weight difference can make a big difference but the LEM is way different from a DA/SA trigger that is in your Sig.

If you feel up to letting the HK go, let me know. I have been thinking about picking a P30 LEM up.

Ever consider changing the LEM configuration to light LEM or the T.G. special?

This. This is as simple as swapping out the trigger return spring and mainspring. The resulting "take-up" pull is less than 1lb, and at sear engagement, the pull is a crisp 5lbs. I can say with absolute certainty that a factory da/sa HK trigger is very very mushy with lots of creep compared to a factory Sig SRT trigger, but with my light LEM gun, the two triggers feel the same.

Went to the range with an experienced buddy of mine and with the Sig just about every shot was within 2" of each other at 10yds. With the HK more like 12" I have 600 rounds through the HK and still feel like I have no feel for the LEM... The Sig shoots great from 1st shot. Maybe the weight and size diff?

How many of those Sig rounds were in DA mode? I only ask becuase 90% of people I see at the range with Sigs load a magazine and never decock before shooting, thus never getting experience with the all important first DA shot.

How many of those Sig rounds were in DA mode? I only ask becuase 90% of people I see at the range with Sigs load a magazine and never decock before shooting, thus never getting experience with the all important first DA shot.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Someone who doesn't practice the DA to SA transition will be a terrible shot. It's a big difference.

But that being said... My buddy's P220 .45 and my HK45c feel like they recoil very differently in hand.... and my guess is that the weight/weight distribution plays a significant part in that.

The Todd Green Special is the V1 light LEM but with a stronger trigger return spring for more positive reset. Here you go, and you can Google P30 TGS for more description: http://www.hkpro.com...gger-chart.html

My suggestion is to get a handle on trigger control and technique before looking to a hardware change. Sure the V2 heavy LEM may not be as easy to shoot as the lighter versions but it is still a serviceable trigger weight and you should be able to do better than 12" groups at 10 yards.

I would start searching for any of the many threads on HKPro.com on LEM technique, and from folks who had issues with this trigger system. Many say it takes a few thousand rounds to get accustomed to LEM. But if you are switching between different systems or practicing with the wrong technique you may not make good progress.