njgo

2nd Purchase by mistake within 30 days?

18 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

You know your local PD gets ALL copies of your handgun purchases... So no, the "system" doesn't track them, but the person putting them in a file will most likely. 

Yes the "system" does. The time clock is activated by NICS approvals. Don't ask me how I know, LOL

Adios,

Pizza Bob

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Interesting, so the system tracks it, but still allows the sale to go through?

It didn't in my case. My FFL got an email and I got a phone call. This stemmed from a misunderstanding of how a multiple purchase exemption works within the framework of OGAM.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The day you pick up the first handgun and take it home is Day 0, not from when you submitted the NICS check right?  You cannot take home another handgun until day 31.  Does that mean you can submit your NICS check prior to day 30 of owning your first gun in anticipation of going to the FFL and taking it home on Day 31?  Or do you have to wait until day 31 to submit your NICS check and then therefore end up picking it up around Day 34 given the typical 2-3 day NICS check wait?