Clintoon Eastwood

Ohhh NOoooo.. Not another Mosin Nagant question..Haha

Not a good price! They are reproduction snipers. You can get a original one for almost the same price. You can get a refurb from classic arms for $399

Im looking for a repro sniper for myself.

are the refurbs from classic arms worth the $$?

any other places to look??

Im looking for a repro sniper for myself.

are the refurbs from classic arms worth the $$?

any other places to look??

Worth it to who, me? No way! To someone who wants a mosin with a reproduction mount and scope that is not historicly accurate? Sure. lol It all depends on where you are coming from. Like i said though, if you really want a refurbed, i'd buy from classic arms cause they are the cheapest i know. If you buy one from sarco or cabelas or most other places, you can just buy a all original for pretty much the same price. Another route is to buy a sarco ex-sniper. They are exsnipers but the holes are still open. All you have to buy is screws, mount and scope, and you have your sniper. The bottom one i think is $250. You can buy a chinese scope and mount set for like 150. Your at 400 with no shipping on the gun or ffl fees. But difference is you have a legit ww2 rifle with a refurb scope and base. It is all what you whats. Hope this helps you.

The ones at classic are repros. If you look at the scope you can tell they are Ukranian refurbs from the flush screws on the scope turrets, originals are rounded. The only originals on the market now are rguns, aim or ati.

The ones at classic are repros. If you look at the scope you can tell they are Ukranian refurbs from the flush screws on the scope turrets, originals are rounded. The only originals on the market now are rguns, aim or ati.

I mentioned that they were refurbs. Also tiger has originals too,

If you wanna wait, check out PA gun shows. Usually EagleArms has like 3 crates of Mosins, which is usually anywhere from 20-50 rifles, and they are $79.95. It's nice since you can choose from a TON of them and see which ones you like.

Went to Eaglearms show at National guard armory last week in Philly. cheapest Mosin I saw there was for $129.00 they had many to choose from. Also went to the Allentown show the week before and saw simular prices.

I went to the gun show in PA today(my first time ever), and eagle arms brought 2 crates plus 4-m44 I with a little beat up stocks, they were $129 for the 91/30, hex $139 and $159 for m44. When I got their at around 11:30 they had about 6 left in the 2 crates, but I (and damjanblues) decided to drive thier store instead and they had about 20 plus 91/30 mosins displayed on the shelf.

A half hour later of picking and choosing, I HAVE MY FIRST MOSIN, definetly won't be my last.

I went to the gun show in PA today(my first time ever), and eagle arms brought 2 crates plus 4-m44 I with a little beat up stocks, they were $129 for the 91/30, hex $139 and $159 for m44. When I got their at around 11:30 they had about 6 left in the 2 crates, but I (and damjanblues) decided to drive thier store instead and they had about 20 plus 91/30 mosins displayed on the shelf.

A half hour later of picking and choosing, I HAVE MY FIRST MOSIN, definetly won't be my last.

FYI - the Russian M44's were $249, the $159 Mosins were Chinese M53's

Are you sure about that? The m44 carbine mosin I clearly saw at the eagle arms table for $159. Also an m44 carbine is being sold at aim surplus for $169. I don't know if you looked at the same table

So those were Chinese M53s.....

Maybe the M44 had a different tag, but on the table i saw only a tag of 159$

Doesnt matter,

Just when i wanted to order an M44 from AIM. They sold them out.......

Are you sure about that? The m44 carbine mosin I clearly saw at the eagle arms table for $159. Also an m44 carbine is being sold at aim surplus for $169. I don't know if you looked at the same table

Yes, the Chinese 53's were to the left, and had beat up stocks with decent metal, the Russian M44's were immediately next to them on the right and were arsenal refinished and therefore looked new externally - at least that was the case around 10 am or so. They both look the same when laying on a table, you need to pick them up and look at the markings to see the difference.

so you got one, good for you! again, I'm no expert on them but just perform your basic safety inspection of the firing pin (stick-out), head space before firing it. there are plenty of YouTube videos on both subjects and worth a look. For the head space check I used sort of a half-azzed method to check. I purchased the No-Go gauge and notched it out for the extractor because I didn't want to remove the extractors to perform the check, anyway that works for me. Have fun and congrats on your purchase!

so you got one, good for you! again, I'm no expert on them but just perform your basic safety inspection of the firing pin (stick-out), head space before firing it. there are plenty of YouTube videos on both subjects and worth a look. For the head space check I used sort of a half-azzed method to check. I purchased the No-Go gauge and notched it out for the extractor because I didn't want to remove the extractors to perform the check, anyway that works for me. Have fun and congrats on your purchase!

Thank you, I'm gonna take it to the range this weekend hopefully. I have DamjanBlues to always lend a helping hand and hopefully usnmars will be around to lend me his expertise too. The wood stock is the only thing left to clean, I left it in the trunk of my car wrapped in newspaper and inside a garbage bag to sweat it out and I'm gonna try to clean it up tomorrow.