NJKen

Ruger 10/22 aftermarket sights. What do you like?

The title says it all. I have a basic no frill 10/22 for plinking. I decided to try to adjust the factory sights today (WAY off) and realized that these sights suck! I dont really want to put a scope on it. I do enjoy open sights and plinking. Has anyone tried other open sights? I was thinking about something like this... http://www.tech-sights.com/ruger.html and go with the TSR 200 sights. Has anyone here tried them or anything similar?

Ken

Yes, those Tech Sights are great for the 10/22. I have the TSR 100's and I love them! It's been a little over a year, so I can't remember why I didn't get the 200's; but either way, i think that they are more fun for plinking than using a scope.

I have the 100s and I LOVE THEM. I chose the 100 over 200 because the front sight is windage adjustable, and once thats dialed in its idiot proof on the rear. With the flips It works out to roughly a 25 yard and 100 yard zero so I can pop the swingers at 25 yards flip the sight and ring the 100 yard plate without counting clicks, doing adjustments or anything.

DSC00940.jpg

I never cared for the very high front sight of the Tech-Sites. In addition, it always looked like some cheap plastic thing to me on the backend. Many others really seem to enjoy them though. I have the XS-Ghost Ring site (same type that was included with my Remington 870 Express Tactical) on my 10/22 and really like it. I have several different aperture pieces for a variety of shooting ranges.

http://www.xssights.com/index.php?nID=sights&cID=Sights&pID=sights&sID=rifle

I can pretty easily focus out to 100 yards.

Meh, young eyes. Give me a big honkin' scope.

34orr0w.jpg

My buddy is installing a Volquartsen trigger kit in it right now.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Not to derail the thread, but can you tell me name/model of that scope please?

No longer made. It is a Sightron scope that was made for HBR (Hunter's Bench Rest). HBR class is restricted to a maximum 6X scope, so manufacturers made scopes specifically for that class. You would be hard pressed to find a fixed power scope, with that low a magnification, with adjustable parallax (adjustable objective lense), but they are common in scopes specifically designed for HBR. Weaver used to have a T-6 in their target series.

The problem with Sightron's offering was that they failed to take into account that there is not only a magnification limitation, but also a weight limitation for the whole firearm. Sightron's scope was the heaviest of those offered. People would rather but weight in the barrel or action, not the scope - so it never sold well. They discontinued them and blew out the remaining inventory. I figured 6X is just right for a .22 LR plinker out to 100 yards. HTH.

Adios,

Pizza Bob