cutterOne

Can a licensed NJ resident buy a rifle from a shop in PA?

Hey all,

I have a question. I'm looking to purchase a rifle (yes, it is NJ law compliant). The thing is, the nearest shop to me is in New Hope PA. Would I be able to order the rifle from the manufacturer and have the store in PA do an FFL transfer so I could pick it up there?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Cutter

Guys,

Yes, I do have my FPID. I live in the Frenchtown area (just outside of town to be exact). The rifle in question is the ATI STG-44 .22lr (with 10rd. mag to keep in compliance with state law). The thing is ATI has a shop in New Hope as a "preferred distributor" where as the only one listed in NJ is over by Parsippany. New Hope is 10-15min. from me, Parsippany is about an hour (give or take). Hence my preference to go through the shop in New Hope.

Cutter

OK, I went on ATI's website and found the dealer you reference - but something is twisted here - if you order an ATI product through the website and have it shipped there, it appears you will be charged a $30 transfer fee. What if you have the dealer order what you want from ATI? Does he still charge the fee? Sounds bogus.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

Hey all,

I have a question. I'm looking to purchase a rifle (yes, it is NJ law compliant). The thing is, the nearest shop to me is in New Hope PA. Would I be able to order the rifle from the manufacturer and have the store in PA do an FFL transfer so I could pick it up there?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Cutter

As long as it or they (2 or 20 it don't matter) are NJ compliant, you may buy all of the long arms you wish to in PA, no matter how close or far you are from the river. I've bought long guns @ Cabela's in Hamburg. They use their NICS, and have the NJ Forms there already. No problem.

So just figure-out what or who you want to deal with (as distributors allow) and you're Good-to-Go!

Dave

Guys,

Yes, I do have my FPID. I live in the Frenchtown area (just outside of town to be exact). The rifle in question is the ATI STG-44 .22lr (with 10rd. mag to keep in compliance with state law). The thing is ATI has a shop in New Hope as a "preferred distributor" where as the only one listed in NJ is over by Parsippany. New Hope is 10-15min. from me, Parsippany is about an hour (give or take). Hence my preference to go through the shop in New Hope.

Cutter

Ok, sure then just buy it in New Hope. Are you in Alexandria or Kingwood? I am 10 Min. from you in Holland.

Holeshot,

I'm in Frenchtown (Hunterdon cty). Oh, and the more I think about it I might just contact JETAgent LLC in Mendham and see if I can get it through them.

Ok thought you might be just outside of town. I would recommend trying to use JETAgent or another of the forum vendors if you can since they support us.

On a side note. I don't know how long you have lived in Frenchtown but many moons ago there was a sporting goods/gun shop right in town.

Holeshot,

Just called JETagent and left a message, so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. I moved to Frenchtown in '09 from NY. I own a bolt-action Mauser and one of the things I did was look to see if there were any gun shops in town...unfortunately there isn't. Yeah, I'm gonna try the vendors listed here first.

On a side note, called General Defense outfitters and the number is disconnected so yeah...that ain't gonna happen, lol

Lous in Raritan... 20min from Frenchtown...

And they carry STI.. Dunno about that specific rifle, but they could get it.

That was ATI, Adam - a horse of a very different color.