NJ doesn't recogonize C&R ffl's. There are certain restrictions with it. First & foremost, you can not purchase guns & have them shipped to you. All purchases must be made in person. You are also limited to amount of transactios you do. Good luck.

In non-retarded states, it means that you can have guns older than 50(?) years old sent directly to you without having to go through a standard FFL.

Of course we don't live in one. As for improving odds of CCW elsewhere, I have no knowledge.

In non-retarded states, it means that you can have guns older than 50(?) years old sent directly to you without having to go through a standard FFL.

Of course we don't live in one. As for improving odds of CCW elsewhere, I have no knowledge.

exactly, I went on a Mosin kick last year and wanted to get the C&R so I could buy them myself. I had the app filled out and then found (here or in another forum) the C&R is useless in NJ. long story short you need the FFL which I'm not going to do...in other words just pay as I go

Having a C&R also gives the ATF the authority to come in your house and do an audit of your book. There were past instances where the NJSP tagged along and committed some heinous civil rights violations on gun collectors. May never happen to you, but do you want to take the chance for a license you can't really use?

The "Book"

Am I required to maintain a book if I have not made any purchases?

If inspected would I be expected to produce a booK with zero entries to show I have not made any purchases.

( Reason im asking is the book runs about $30)

I applied or c&r in our retartedvstate and he AFT guy Called, st an appointmentbwith me, old me NJ does not recognize this lucense, plus even if they gave me one, I open up myself for invetigation and I could not have anything mailed to me cause I on't have an FFL like a dealer. They mailed me bak my $30 in a month or so. Oh, I had to wite and sign a letter rescinding my application and ak for a refund.

Or proof read what you type before hitting the POST icon? Seriously! Even the "I'm doing this from my phone" excuse is lame. If you are taking the time to post, take the time to read what you are typing. Of course, if posters are illiterate, there is no hope. rofl.gif

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum!

HNDCNN,

Welcome....

If I understand correctly ATF basically brow beat you out of applying?

Did you feel pressured or was it more of a FYI save your $30 bucks tone.

I would proceed regardless of if I can actually purchase mail order..

However, if ATF took a threading tone then I don't want to be a test case for anything. I would likely back down and protest their behavior.

When I went for mine the investigator called and said pretty much waste of time in NJ. Did NOT pressure me to ask for refund, I felt she was very professional in her approach. Glad I got my $30 back and din't go through with application.