DirtyDigz

Cheap way to build an 870 HD gun?

Eff it, I'm tired of waiting for the KSG to become sanely priced and I want to build a "tac-toy" pump shotty.

Have a friend who has a spare 18.5" 870 barrel he'll give me for cheap and I'll most likely be getting an aftermarket stock, fore-end and extended mag tube.

What's my best route to go to get an 870 receiver for cheapish? Preferably with the ability to put a picatinny rail on the top?

What's my best route to go to get an 870 receiver for cheapish? Preferably with the ability to put a picatinny rail on the top?

Wait until someone here or on NJhunter is selling one. No tax, no dealer markup.

Good luck. I've been trying to do the same, buy just an 870 receiver, but no one will part with just that. Even though they can get close to $100 each barrel, depending on type.

I have an 870 now that I'd like to use for a trap backup and wanted to buy another 870 for HD...

I just made mine a HD for now, and will save some cash for another O/U for trap/clays.

But all you would need is a good stock/forend combo, hogue makes a good set....the 18" barrel which you are getting, extended mag, get the factory one, don't go cheap like me and get an ATI. I bought it a long time ago, I didn't know any better. Also a Mesa shell holder would be good. and a good flashlight and mount.

I'm not sure who can drill/tap the top of the reciever for a rail, but I'm gonna be looking to do that to mine soon.

OR!! You can just spend $500 and get a Rem 870 Express Tactical with everything pretty much on there except the light and shell holder.

I'm trying to save cash and room in my house, so I don't want to buy 2 more shotguns yet.

Wait until someone here or on NJhunter is selling one. No tax, no dealer markup.

Saw on NJH that there is a 12 ga. WingMaster smoothbore slug gun someone is looking to trade. This would make a good platform and the older WingMaster's are preferable.

Saw on NJH that there is a 12 ga. WingMaster smoothbore slug gun someone is looking to trade. This would make a good platform and the older WingMaster's are preferable.

http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/article129904.htm

I'm actually thinking about getting an 870 when I get my check, but I don't feel like looking for a new smooth barrel, here's the guy's link.