KramD52

What kind of plastic for magazine blocking?

Well I've decided to put some of my spare time to use and build/craft some magazine blocks for my Ruger mini 14 since I can't find anyone anywhere who sells or would service a 20 round Ruger magazine to make it NJ compliant. Needless to say the acquisition of the mags and construction would occur in Pa so I don't have to worry about issues here. I thought about using wood but I want to use something strong, light and won't shrink or crumble. I've looked at PK90s AR mags and he has a beautiful design which there is no way in hell I can duplicate but seeing the plastic that he used kinda pushed me in that direction. I plan on getting plastic plate and sand/dremel it to fit the mag

Are there certain plastic types that are more suitable for blocking magazines? PVC, ABS, Delrin, or something else? Of course price is an object in that I dont want a $$$$ piece of space age NASA shuttle ready polymer, LOL. Thanks for any help you can offer.

My vote is for uhmw. Pretty tough, comes in black, reasonably easy to shape with hand tools. Cheaper than delrin plate. Delrin would be my first choice though.

For easily acquired material, plexiglas can be laminated with crazy glue. Cut and shape slices, laminate, now you have an ugly block, but you don't have to look at it where it is going.

I forgot about this guide: http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-plastic-sheets/=im63au you can click on the "about" tabs at the top and they'll give you an idea on strength, machinability, etc. And since they sell the stock also you can get a price idea and order it too.

I forgot about this guide: http://www.mcmaster....-sheets/=im63au you can click on the "about" tabs at the top and they'll give you an idea on strength, machinability, etc. And since they sell the stock also you can get a price idea and order it too.

Thank You Shocker. That link is a huge help.