liquidskin

Range 14 question (targets?)

Hey all,

Thinking about making the trip to Range 14 with my dad to try out some rifles we inherited. The rules are pretty clear on the site, but the one thing I don't follow is how you mount targets. Does the range provide target stands of some sort? Don't want to get there and not be prepared!

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can use ground targets as long as they are a certain distance away. I forget the exact distance but I know it's a too far for me to shoot anything smaller than a gallon jug with a pistol. For a rifle, you wont have any issues.

As mentioned, they sell targets for about $4 each that you put in the ground by digging a hole. You can bring your own shovel or use one of their hole diggers. There are less hole diggers than lanes but people share nicely.

FYI - we had a GREAT time at Range 14. Shooting there has definitely been my best shooting experience (having only shot indoors before.) It will be hard to ever shoot indoors again. For the price, the spacious port, nice people and being able to enjoy the beautiful weather this place is hard to beat!

I've never shot at range 14 yet, but I made this setup for the WMA range out of 1.25" PVC pipe for less than $10. The target area is 24" wide X 36" tall. It breaks down to fit in the car pretty easily. I also filled the bottom pipes with sand to make it stable in the windpost-1708-134557685072_thumb.jpg

Range 14 is a good place for the money.

One of the best target holders to use there is real estate signs and election signs. The targets they sell are decent. I usually put a shoot and see target on top of the cardboard and put it out. If you are realy in doubt about what to do just bring a few extra bucks ($10) and buy a couple targets from them. After your first visit you will know what you need to bring the next time.

Enjoy

Ken