302w

Laminating your FID/Where to buy 7.62x54R

I've had my FID since 1999 and I laminated it right away. I never had a problem with it till earlier this year. Believe it or not, one of the staff at RTSP told me that I wasn't supposed to laminate it, because that was considered defacing it. That was the only time I ever had an issue. Their explanation: it's the same law that prohibits you from laminating a social security card. I told them that that was a federal regulation that did not apply to the states.

I challenge anyone to show me a state law that prohibits laminating a FID.

RTSP had no problem with mine being laminated on Friday when I purchased there.

RTSP didn't say anything about mine being laminated....

While we are on the subject, anyone get a registration recently? I just got my MC registration and it looks like the state cheaped out, its no longer durable(almost laminated) paper. Hell, it wasn't even perforated! That said I went to Staples with my insurance cards and got them all laminated at once.

Who cares? I will take 5 minutes to renew my registration at my local DMV any day over a laminated piece of paper. :)

I leave mine barely 'laminated' and crusty with a Dick's Score Card rewards points bar code sticker on the back. Shows you how much I think of this Nj scheme of the "FID" gun registration card. Mine is old. Still says "carry" on it. DMV used to accept 6 pts wth the "FID" which was even more than a Passport. Then, they dropped the "FID" down to 5 pts. Probably just another small part to Nj's overall BS "grid" of paranoid gun control.

My FID's laminated.

I buy my 7.62x54R from The-Armory.com

http://www.the-armor...t1569.html#1569

$153.18 shipped for 880 rounds - 2 spam cans in a crate + can opener. That's 17.4 cents a shot.

+1 on the the-Armory.com for the ammo. Fast shipping. $1.00 at Staples to laminate ID.