Barms

when do you release the trigger?

(sorry if this should be in "traning" section")

When do you guys release the trigger? So you aim, start squeezing, BOOM, recoil, now: do you keep the trigger back?, follow through is done, and while you are re-acquiring the target do you release trigger THEN to start all over again?

I never thought about it before, but i just realized that i release the trigger DURING recoil. I don't know if that is bad or good.

I bet there is a best-fundamentals opinion on that..

please do tell..

I release/reset the trigger after my sights fall back on target. That way I know I follow through completely with the shot.

I have found that when I release too early the action of releasing can actually move the gun a little throwing accuracy

off. I'm not a pro or anything though and if you're dead on you must being doing something right.

actualy i should rephrase the prior to be more humble.. I mean, i never miss the target (if that would be the definition of someone who really needed help) I can hit the red more than i miss it.. But pro golfers still have coaches.. so i'm always looking to improve my skills.. that's why i asked..

Pull through recoil. On a semi-auto, only release untul reset and hold it there until you know whether you want/need to squeeze off another round.

If you release the trigger as soon as the weapon fires, you might release the trigger way beyond the reset point. Then you'll jerk the trigger to hurry-up the next shot.