Sign in to follow this  
Parker

N.J. bodega workers need bulletproof vests

Lots of assumptions in that paragraph. I know quite a few cops and I don't think any of them would refer to it as a "calling". However, some certainly have a holier-than-thou attitude! lol.

I think if a cop has the mentality displayed by BLF then it is questionable whether he is going into these areas to help. Maybe he is going in to do his job and earn a pay check because it doesn't sound like he cares about the individuals in the area. As in any profession or walk of life there are different types of people who become cops. Some want to help, some want a pay check, some are carrying on a family tradition, etc. We all know at least one loser from HS who now thinks he's the man because he has a badge and a gun. Always breaking balls and acting like a tough guy. That type of person didn't become a cop to help others, it was to help himself. I'm surprised anyone would try to defend that type of warped thinking. If your wife/daughter/sister walks through a semi-bad neighborhood at night and gets raped is it her fault because she didn't keep herself out of harms way?

Larping - that's funny. I'm certainly glad I had to look that one up.

Aren't you making assumptions as well?

Again you can question my motives all you want.i know what I do and why I do it and that's good enough for me. Done with this thread.

I'm not questioning your motives or why you became a cop. I'm also not anti cop. I have friends that are cops. My father always was at fund raisers and all that crap for cops. I got out of a few tickets because of cops being family friends of cops. I get permits in less than 30 days. Cops are good to me

It really isn't about cops to me. It does seem to me you have an idea that cops are superior to others because they do what they do. And I should feel like they are better people than me because I chose to become an engineer instead of a cop. Or what if I was too poor to go to school and had to work in my families bodega. I actually wish sometimes i was a cop. But then I realize its probably more paperwork and ticket writing than exciting crime fighting.

I just used that as an example because you are a cop. Not because I have anything at all against cops. It's obvious we will disagree so I will try to leave it at that.