Sign in to follow this  
Lalo

Gunsmith to Install Mossberg Ghost Ring Sight Front Post?

I have a Mossberg 500 Persuader with a front bead sight. Have had the Mossberg brand ghost ring sights sitting around for a while and want to get them installed. The rear sight just bolts on, easy. The front is a little different. The right way to do it is to weld it on but doing that will discolor the barrel and will have to be reblued. I'm ok doing that but need to find a place that will do it for a decent price. I've read some people use JB Weld only to have the front post come lose after some heavy shooting. Some people have used Loctite Black Max adhesive without issue. Some, again, have the post fly off after the barrel gets hot enough.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Or, does anyone know of any decent gunsmiths in the northern NJ area (or about 1 hour away from Parsippany) that has reasonable prices and do good work?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I dropped off my Mossy and upper at Mastodon this weekend to install the front post of the ghost ring sight and to thread, pin and weld the muzzle break on my AR's barrel. Cant I'll report back with details on how it went when I hear back.

AR thread, pin and weld although it took a while, it came out great. Some scuffs and scrapes caused when pulling the gas block out but nothing to cry about. The shotgun sat there for a while and finally decided to pick it up to take care of it elsewhere. Nothing against Mastodon, I'll go back there for more. Seems as I just dropped the items off at the wrong time when other things were going on and a turnaround time couldn't be guaranteed.

It MUST be solver soldered.........

MAP tank empty....solder loaned out....sorry brother..bad timing...

No worries Nick. Maybe I'll try you guys again for that sometime next year if I dont sell the Mossberg.