Nick T

Question about what shows with a Serial Number

Ok so my department has a policy in place for us that states we can only carry DAO handguns off duty, so I bought a Sig P229 off a forum member who had installed the DAK set up. My problem lies in my department likes to not back its officers if there is a little hiccup, my question lies in if a serial number was run on my handgun does anyone know for certain if it states that the gun was shipped from the factory as a DA/SA.

Not to sound dumb... But whom I assume you're implying an ffl that's why I posted on here hoping a few of the vendors were online

no, call sig, do not tell them your reason, call customer service and ask if it was shipped as a DA/SA according to the serial # that should answer your question..

no, call sig, do not tell them your reason, call customer service and ask if it was shipped as a DA/SA according to the serial # that should answer your question..

Got ya thanks ill call them tomorrow

I would think that if your dept allows you to qualify with it they approve of the weapon choice as it sits. If they approve it then that should indemnify you. I may be doing this with another gun in the future. We are only allowed DAO. I am contemplating a para LDA 9mm. If I like the trigger and it proves reliable then I will use it as my off duty. If they approve the weapon choice and I qualify then I am covered in an off duty shooting.

Wow, even those few that receive the blessing to carry in this state, have craziness to deal with. NJ is just top notch.

No craziness.

This is pretty much SOP for any place that lets you carry a personally owned weapon while being indemnified by them.

Nick, that gun was a DAK gun from sig. You can verify by looking at the case. It will say DAK on the side.

I converted it to da/sa and back to DAK which is what it was. So you shouldn't worry about it.

Nick, that gun was a DAK gun from sig. You can verify by looking at the case. It will say DAK on the side.

I converted it to da/sa and back to DAK which is what it was. So you shouldn't worry about it.

That works for me thanks Bryan