MB24

Another stock question

Sorry to have to post another " Is this legal" question but everyone knows how vague the laws are. I get the part about the # of items that make up an assault rifle. However the part with the list of named rifles and then " Any firearm manufactured under any designatiion which is substantially identical to any firearms listed" is confusing. So my question is , is the pictured stock with the adjustable stock pinned legal? It's the Archangel 556 for a 10/22.

No collapsible stock (pinned).

No bayonet lug

No flash hider

Does have a Pistol Pistol grip

You have 1 evil feature and are good to go. Enjoy some time at the range...

Thanks, I appreciate all the help in setting me straight. Just to name 3, Colt AR15, Bushmaster assualt, Armalite AR-180. To me it would seem substantially identical to these rifles.

it is to be considered substantially identical IF

it has a detachable magazine

AND TWO of the following..

collapsible stock

bayonet lug

flash hider

Pistol Pistol grip

grenade launcher

the look of the gun is irrelevant..

I had an AK and AR while living in NJ..

they were NJ legal version of illegal guns..

Unless it's an M1 Carbine clone, then all bets are off. Apparently if it shares the same silhouette it's illegal, like the Citadel M22. The NJSP seem to have a real hardon for that gun for some absurd reason.

Unless it's an M1 Carbine clone, then all bets are off. Apparently if it shares the same silhouette it's illegal, like the Citadel M22. The NJSP seem to have a real hardon for that gun for some absurd reason.

they have no legal ground to stand on....

that problem is one lawsuit away from being solved..

OK, I thought I had it straight with vladtepes post, the look of the gun is irrelevant. It just comes down to the mag and 2 other items. With your post are you saying just a clone of the M1 is illegal or any gun that has a silhouette of one on the banned list is illegal?

OK, I thought I had it straight with vladtepes post, the look of the gun is irrelevant. It just comes down to the mag and 2 other items. With your post are you saying just a clone of the M1 is illegal or any gun that has a silhouette of one on the banned list is illegal?

he is just trying to confuse you.. the M1 carbine is the one exception... just follow the wording I posted and you are good to go..

he is just trying to confuse you.. the M1 carbine is the one exception... just follow the wording I posted and you are good to go..

I'm not trying to confuse anyone; I'm making the point that there is no standard level of common sense that one is able to anticipate with respect to NJ's AWB. Some guns are banned by name, some as types, some types are legal and some that merely resemble guns banned as types are banned. You need to be careful and have a very good grasp on not only what is legal according to the letter of the law but also know what has been twisted into being treated as illegal by various political interpretations of the law.

I’m not going to repost this but merely link to the examples I have already given.

http://njgunforums.c...post__p__533151