O-gre

Glock

Just FYI ( I typed out a long informative post but I refreshed and lost it all)... instead of buying a Glock 19, if you buy a Glock 23 in .40 cal, you can buy a $100 conversion barrel and shoot 9mm out of the G23 all day long when you want to (Same exact pistol basically the 19 and 23, minor minor differences in actual pistol between the two calibers) PLUS you can get a .357 SIG conversion barrel for the G23 and shoot .357 SIG out of it when you want to,extremely easily and also still lik4e $100 bucks for the barrel.

So while the G19 is great, you gotta stick with G19 an 9mm when you get it. Getting G23 lets you shoot factory style .40 cal, easily converted with a 40-9 barrel to 9mm, easily converted .357 SIG. Just food for thought brother.

Don't forget the Advantage Arms 22LR conversion also. A 22LR. 9MM, 357 Sig, and 40SW, all from the same platform. Sweet. FYI, the Advanatge Arms 22LR conversion for the Glock 21G4 works fantastic.

Check out GlockTriggers.com too!

I have a G19 Gen4 and love it. Glad to see all the positive opinions too.

It was in part to this forum that I chose to go with it as my first handgun ever. It was a great first time piece to learn the basics, it's very ewasy to learn how to take apart, clean and care for. Never had a single issue with it.

Also, as some other people have said, I love the way it looks and feels. Even though my Kimber is a beautiful gun - I still can't get over the simple aesthetic appeal of the GLOCK platform.

I have a G19 Gen4 and love it. Glad to see all the positive opinions too.

It was in part to this forum that I chose to go with it as my first handgun ever. It was a great first time piece to learn the basics, it's very ewasy to learn how to take apart, clean and care for. Never had a single issue with it.

Also, as some other people have said, I love the way it looks and feels. Even though my Kimber is a beautiful gun - I still can't get over the simple aesthetic appeal of the GLOCK platform.

don't worry, some of us feel the same way. And as i stated, I literally learned how to field strip and disassemble/reassemble a Glock blindfolded before I was double digited aged old. Glock is what I literally grew up wit. It's not the prettiest to all but it's the perfect'est to me and many others.

I noticed the consensus is that the 19 is the "best" Glock. Why not the 17? It's not like we can carry anyway.

I happen to like the shootability of the G17 better than the G19. Recoil impulse is smoother, less muzzle flip and 2nd shot recovery is excellent. However, neutering a 17rnd mag to 10rnds is a no-go for me. I realize you can find some places that pin the G17 mags to 15 rounds, but to pay over $20 a mag for any Glock is assinine. At most, I've paid $22/mag. My guess would be that the G19 is more popular due to it having a 15rnd mag.

I've been seriously toying w/ the idea of finding a used G17 and cutting the grip to accept G19 mags.

Now that I own a Sig, H&K & a Glock I have come to a final conclusion. If you need a gun buy a Glock. If you want a gun you buy something else. Maybe I'm crazy but I just don't understand why 1911's are so popular when you can buy a G21 that holds 13 rounds and goes bang every time no matter what you feed it.

I have 20 pistols. 6 of them are Glocks. Like you, I truly enjoy all my pistols. Like you, I also agree that if it were to come to "serious" use, the Glock would be my 1st pick.

1911's are, IMHO, popular because there is a romance about them that Glock doesn't have. 1911's are steel, and sometimes wood, w/ wood grips. They have a legendary status and can be made exquisitely accurate. Glocks are tools. Maybe in another 70 years or so, Glock will have that history behind it and have that romance associated with it. The 1911 having the best trigger on an auto doesn't hurt either. Also, they are extremely shootable. Some believe that while having a large mag capacity is good, it's not exactly necessarry. I happen to like a lot of bullets on hand. I have a Gen4 G21 and would grab it waaaaaaaayyyyyy before the 1911 I have if in need of a pistol for HD.

Seriously thinking of a Gen4 G35 or G17 w/ the grip cut down to accept G19 mags w/ a Grip Force adaptor for the next Glock.