Silphidae

Shot Timer Suggestion

Looking to get a shot timer to practice for IDPA. Looking between the CED 7000 and Pocket Pro II and would like some real world feedback. I like the features of the CED but read the high pitched buzzer and delicate build are a negative. No real negatives with the Pocket Pro except less features and a tad bulkier.

I just want to use it to practice draws, reloads and splits so I'm thinking the Pocket Pro is the way to go for me?

I have the CED 8000 and use it often. It is a decent timer and serves my needs.

I have found myself using the Surefire Shot Timer on my iPhone more often though. It is very basic, but I always have it with me, it is sensitive enough to detect dry firing practice, it is free, and it let's you email your time data to yourself to track progress.

For dry fire practice the ced8000 is the most featurific. The 7000 is a close second. The reality is my pocket pro ii is what gets used the most because it is capable, sturdy, and all it's features are easily accessible compared to the ced.

I have found myself using the Surefire Shot Timer on my iPhone more often though. It is very basic, but I always have it with me, it is sensitive enough to detect dry firing practice, it is free, and it let's you email your time data to yourself to track progress.

That's what I use

I tried three different shot timers for the iphone, and none of them worked.

When and with which phone? There was a period with the 4 and 4s where they all became broken due to enahncements in the OS for sound clarity. In theory newer versions of some of the shot timer apps now cope with that better.