mikelets456

For the dopes who said Obama is "pro gun"

That goes two ways, if Romney would have been elected it would have been by the skin of his teeth and he wouldn’t be in a position to afford to piss-off gun owners. The Republicans after the election feel like they are on the ropes and John Boehner is a weak Imbecile hell bent on ceding ground on almost every Republican principle in some sort of misguided effort to keep the libtarded media at bay and make people think the Republicans are trying to work with the president. Our only hope at this point is that there is enough time for the emotions to die down over the Holidays and hopefully the Republican members of the house will stumble upon their balls and hold the line. What I am extremely fearful of is Boehner's recent conservative purge in the committees. We definitely would have had a better chance of killing any AW bill in committee before his crusade to remove the more conservative members from them. I am slightly optimistic we can hold the line if there is enough time for everyone to calm down before a vote in the House but I have to admit I'm definitely worried. If I had to call it it’s a 51/49 chance we squeak by.

Agree. The fiscal cliff comes first. Depends upon the level of capitulation there, I think. GOP will spend major capital on compromising with the Democrats on that. My personal belief is that the AWB is DOA. I'm thinking it is more likely that the compromise on GC is a requirement of NICS for all transactions, and potentially a restriction of magazine capacity. If that is true, I hope that they could confine it to non OEM aftermarket mags like drums and AK "rainbows". I mean, the CMP states that 30 round OEM mags for civilian Variants of the M16 for Nation Match. 10 rounds is ok, but it must be of the same dimensions of the 30 round STANAG, IIRC.

But, to be honest, I have no idea where it will go.

Biden No Joke on Gun Control

President Obama today is announcing a commission on mass shootings to be led by Vice President Joe Biden with an eye on a “comprehensive” solution

But the creation of the commission and the selection of Biden, an ardent backer of gun control, to be its leader suggests that Obama has something more in mind than a return to Clinton-era policies.

Rather than just a place to let an issue languish – as he did with the deficit reduction panel – Obama’s selection of a zealous proponent of gun control to lead the shootings commission suggests the president would like to see bigger changes.

... and so it starts and there won't be enough time to implement something that actually makes sense. Biden will simply do what he has to do to meet the deadline.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/19/16020864-obama-demands-concrete-proposals-on-gun-violence-by-january

Who the hell ever said Obama is "Pro Gun". I'd like to know because I have some land in Florida and a bridge in NYC I need to sell.

i dont really recall many here..but the comparison was made that Romney had Banned Guns, where Obama had not enacted any legislation... IMO a STUPID Comparison, but one nonetheless