this_is_nascar

Individual Health Insurance

Do any of you guys have any experience with individual health insurance (you purchase this on your own) vs. group health insurance (the kind you'd get from your employer)? Very soon, I'll be in the market to consider an individual health insurance plan.

Do any of you guys have any experience with individual health insurance (you purchase this on your own) vs. group health insurance (the kind you'd get from your employer)? Very soon, I'll be in the market to consider an individual health insurance plan.

I had an individual plan about 4 or 5 years ago. At the time I had to pay about $300 for a bare bones policy.

From what i understand an individual policy can range now from $400-$1000+ depending what coverage you need. My friend owns his own business with no employees and he pays $30000.00+ for a family plan with $7500 deductible. Good luck with whatever you find because healthcare is not affordable anymore.

I have an individual policy since I'm unemployed. It's through Horizon BCBSNJ. It covers prescription medication and generally hospital. There are limitations to the policy regarding %'s of payment. A friend of mine just found out the same policy does or cover cancer treatment, so you need to be careful. The cost for an individual is about $480/mo. A lot of money but like Ray said, you need it or suffer losing everything you have to pay hospital bills. I am looking for a better policy also, but haven't found anything that covers as much for the price. You can also go on Ehealthinsurance.com and get quotes or look at individual plans. Good luck. If you come across anything more affordable, be sure to let me know.

I have an individual policy since I'm unemployed. It's through Horizon BCBSNJ. It covers prescription medication and generally hospital. There are limitations to the policy regarding %'s of payment. A friend of mine just found out the same policy does or cover cancer treatment, so you need to be careful. The cost for an individual is about $480/mo. A lot of money but like Ray said, you need it or suffer losing everything you have to pay hospital bills. I am looking for a better policy also, but haven't found anything that covers as much for the price. You can also go on Ehealthinsurance.com and get quotes or look at individual plans. Good luck. If you come across anything more affordable, be sure to let me know.

It's funny you mention that website. That's the website that I've been doing research on over the last couple days. It seems for me, the best plan is going to be a plan through AmeriHealth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2