seamusSU

Dumb question: mental health check addresses

I just filled out the paperwork for my FID and first set of permits but I hit a stumbling block with listing all addresses for the past 10 years- I can only remember them back to 6.5 years. Prior to that I was in college/grad school and moved every year so the addresses weren't that important to remember after ygefact, until now. I'm trying to hunt through old bank statements and such but if I can't piece it together is this a major problem?

Should I run one of the background checks on myself to piece this together?

Should I run one of the background checks on myself to piece this together?

Yeah, running a credit check via Experian, TransUnion, or Equifax will work. If I recall correctly, by law, you get one free credit report per year. These vendors also do credit monitoring services, which is useful in this identity theft era.

In my town (Wall Township), they wanted 20 years when I applied, which also overlapped my college years at the time. I would surely have had the same problem...but I was lucky, I still had all of my old income tax returns. Check there if you have them!

Yeah, running a credit check via Experian, TransUnion, or Equifax will work.

I actually tried this but most of my previous addresses didn't show up.

In my town (Wall Township), they wanted 20 years when I applied, which also overlapped my college years at the time. I would surely have had the same problem...but I was lucky, I still had all of my old income tax returns. Check there if you have them!

Unfortunately I purged all the old records when I combined my wife's paperwork with mine so I've got nothing left past 6 years ago.

The solution that I've come up with is to use my parent's address as this was still my permanent address while I was at school (driver's license, car reg, voter reg.) I'm hoping that this will work.

I just wrote my parents address until after college

That is what they are looking for. The only addresses that matter are ones that have been offically updated ie. you had a drivers license that had that address on it. I have only had 2 addresses. My parents house, and my current house.

I have "lived" in 4 different places, but only changed my license/voter reg/payroll stub once.