RobertJames

Savage 10 Precision Carbine

I'm looking for a new bolt gun, either a Remington 700 or The above mentioned Savage. I'm considering .223 or .308. I'm leaning towards .223, because it is inexpensive to reload, light recoil, and I will be able to hunt Coyotes with it in 2014 should Fish and Game implement the proposed changes. Remington has recently had QC issues, but there are countless accesories for the 700 series of rifles. Savage has the Accu trigger and are some of the most accurate out of the box. Plus it just looks bad ass with the digi-cammo stock and the threaded bull barrel.

Let me hear your opinions, please.

I have owned a REM 700 Police LTR and still own a Savage PC10 in 308. Both in 20". I prefer the Savage. The Remington was a tank. I prefer the medium contour barrel over the REM heavy barrel. I feel like I could haul my Savage through the woods and not have my shoulder aching. The REM LTR was begging for a bench rest or at least a bipod.If you are looking to customize though, the 700 has more options, although more folks are working on Savage now.

So So I actually wanted the Savage 10 PC .308 -- I went into CMO looking at whatever they had in a tactical rifle .308 bolt action genre.. They basically had a $1200+ Kimber and the R700 AAC-SD. When they said I could not buy it that day (it was a NICS holiday on Election Day or something like that) I said, well since I am not leaving with it today, I really wanted a Savage, can you check it up for me? They quoted me like nearly $150 more than the internet prices, so I told them, they called me a liar to my face. Called. Me. A. Liar. To. My. Face.

I then asked the guy to borrow his iPad he was playing with, pulled up Buds Gun Shop, and showed them. I had said maybe $650 and it was in fact $662. So now I wasn't a liar. BUT OH NO, Sorry, They don't do business with Buds! Sorry! Anyone but them! I said, ok well fine, why dont you just give me the same price and order it for me? No sorry we can't do that. So they wuld not give me the right price, nor accept a transfer from the place that would, it was redonkulous, I wound up ust coming back the next day and buying the R700 and being done with it.

However, I still really really like that Savage. Awesome little rifle, comes in .223 or .308 and also has the AccuStock, the Savage AccuStock is an awesome factory production stock, really really nice for what you pay for it, plus Savage is awesome anyway, my Savage .22LR is like shooting an Olympic competition rifle, waaaaaay too accurate for the price it cost.

so if you buy this I am sure you will be happy. I am very happy with the R700 AAC-SD I got but I would be also happy wit hthe Savage PC.

While I dont agree with them calling you a liar to our face, they are not wrong for not matching Buds price.

I work at a brick and mortar shop, and in this particular instance if they matched the price they would in fact be losing money. The price you see on buds is below dealer cost.

While I dont agree with them calling you a liar to our face, they are not wrong for not matching Buds price.

I work at a brick and mortar shop, and in this particular instance if

they matched the price they would in fact be losing money. The price you see on buds is below dealer cost.

So if you refuse to match the price would you also refuse to take a transfer from the place?

The buds transfer issue is sticky.

While we accept transfers from them, some shops choose not to because of the terms BUDS imposes on their "preferred" ffl's I.E. no right to refuse a transfer, no notice of incoming transfer, etc.

Some made the decision to deal with them, others severed ties. To each their own.