Sign in to follow this  
Scott204

Glock box for airline travel

I did a search but did not see this as a title thread. I am going to be travelling to Florida for a guided hog hunt and want to bring one of my pistols. I have read on some sites that the glock factory box is good to use to transport a firearm while other say no. Anyone here ever use it to transport down to florida? I already checked with the airline's rules, Spirit Air, and it just says a hard sided case that can be locked. Anyway this is my first time flying with a firearm and to say I am a bit nervous is an understatement so any help is greatly appreciated.

Just as it says, if the Glock box can be locked your good to go. Don't worry about it follow the rules and you will be fine. Have ammo separate from pistol in its original box. Where are you flying out of? I have heard Philly is a bit easier than Newark and The NY airports can be a pain in the rear-end. I had a friend fly out of A.C. and it was a breeze. So follow the rules and don't sweat it!!! Have a great time hogging!!!

If the glock box is lockable, and when locked the gun can't be easily got to (prying the case seams, etc, then it will meet requirements. However I would recommend investing $30 in one of the small steel cases that includes a cable. You can secure the locked case to the inside of your checked bag if it one that has a metal frame. The steel lock box is also great for when you want to secure your gun in a car, if needed, when in gun friendly states.