checko

what position to pin stock

I just bought a magpul str stock for my build and want some advice as to where to pin the stock. The main use for this rifle will be short and light with a 14.5 inch barrel. I'm about 5'9 with a large build. My other rifle has an a2 stock and I've never used a collapsible stock on any rifle before. Suggestions?

I would say whatever is comfortable for you. Try putting it in different lengths and test it. Also take into consideration if you will be wearing heavy clothes (jacket) or light clothes (t-shirt) when shooting as this will impact the settings. You can always set it to the same length as you A2 stock. Then adjust the length longer and shorter to see what you like.

I was told most people pin it at 2 but I think position 3 or 4 was more comfortable for me. I'm 5'10" but not sure if that matters as much.

I would say whatever is comfortable for you. Try putting it in different lengths and test it. Also take into consideration if you will be wearing heavy clothes (jacket) or light clothes (t-shirt) when shooting as this will impact the settings. You can always set it to the same length as you A2 stock. Then adjust the length longer and shorter to see what you like.

I was told most people pin it at 2 but I think position 3 or 4 was more comfortable for me. I'm 5'10" but not sure if that matters as much.

I hear you but the stock is going right to mastadon's shop to get pinned. I won't even see it. I definitely want is significantly shorter than my a2. I like to have my nose right on the charging handle.

I hear you but the stock is going right to mastadon's shop to get pinned. I won't even see it. I definitely want is significantly shorter than my a2. I like to have my nose right on the charging handle.

Maybe stop by and play with the positions before he pins it??

I guess I can try that but I don't know when they are going to get to do it and its not exactly close for me. I'm not gonna make him work around my schedule.

Im thinking position 2 or three. I'm sure I can get used to it if its a little less than optimal.

Do what I did. Call them up and work out a schedule. Try it out in different positions at the shop. Pinned it before I left the shop. Did it all in one trip. They pinned it while we were processing the paperwork. Joe and Nick were really cool about it. FYI, if you plan to run optics, bring it along. Try it in various stances, I did. :)