PeteyPete

Stag on its way, How'd I do?

Although I already have a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 AR, I partook in a little bit of a panic buying since Feinstein started talking. Last year during Black Friday I purchased a few stripped lowers from Palmetto State Armory. At 50 dollars a piece, I couldn't pass it up. I wish I bought 20.

I'll be matching a stag upper and lower parts kit, with a Palmetto State Armory stripped lower. The best part about the deal with the fact that stag was willing to make the entire rifle New Jersey legal at no additional cost. I also added the Plus package, which upgraded a number of the components to mil spec. 1/7 twist rate, M4 feed ramps, 4150 steel, M16 bolt, etc...

PSA lower: $50

Transfer: $15

NICs: $15

Stag upper/lpk/etc: $615

Plus package: $70

Total: $765 otd

Already got a rail and some moe stuff on the way.

2H. http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.php?cPath=14_24&products_id=241

I liked the upper with the quad rail, but this is the one that was on sale. I'm glad you like yours, I always wonder if I shouldve kept my powder dry and gone with a spikes, bcm, flavor of the month, but in this climate I'm happy to have one additional EBR in the safe.

I don't know what your plan for it will be but if put a few thousand rounds through mine including a carbine class and it has never had a malfunction. I run her wet and she goes And goes And goes. Some people will tell you to spend more to get a spikes or whatever but if you got that and its within your budget Id say you did damn well.

I'd like to do a tactical carbine class once the weather warms up. Can you recommend any instructors or classes offered in NJ/Eastern PA? I plan on using this rifle. If I wanted to safe queen, I wouldve have gotten a Colt. :)

Ive taken the GAPP class. Definitely recommended. I plan on trying out the MDTS class at some point also.

I'd like to do a tactical carbine class once the weather warms up. Can you recommend any instructors or classes offered in NJ/Eastern PA? I plan on using this rifle. If I wanted to safe queen, I wouldve have gotten a Colt. :)

You could give www.sightsandtrigger.com a try.

They don't have a 2013 schedule up yet.

Safe queen? Colt? Really?

A wise man once said, "Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies."